UGLY !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UGLY !!!!

Wrapped in PPG Luminescence Gold Razzleberry paint, the Extremeliner portraits its curvaceous art deco style to a “T”. Built from the ground up in Pennsylvania this vehicle was one Ken “Posies” Fenicals most demanding projects he had done to date.

I would concur. The original looked much better.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

I have to admit it is an interesting interpretation of the original. I too like the original better, but as an artistic exercise this is pretty nice. It helps to have a pretty darn nice original to start with and this artist/builder picked well.
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

I wouldn't be embarrassed to be seen driving it, but I don't see much resemblence to an 810/812 Cord mentioned in the story, other than the horizontal hood trims. And it sounds like it would be fun to drive!

Comment

It might work well in a Disney movie.

Craig

Comment

Another example of: "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should".
            sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
            1950 Champion Convertible
            1950 Champion 4Dr
            1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
            1957 Thunderbird

Comment

The 1990s will be cool again one day.

Comment

UGLY !!!!

Don't hold back, Bob; tell us how you really feel about the Extremeliner.

However, it does fall into those I'd take as a gift.

jack vines
                PackardV8

Comment

Ugly enough in some ways but I reckon that some rubber on the rims would kinda make more of a car of it... The interior is something they would have to poison me for to get in to thou!
                  As for the "Cord" trim, check out 1942 Chrysler as well.

Comment

I would call it a gross caricature of what a '37 Dictator woodie should look like. I don't think any actual Studebakers were destroyed in making it, though.
                    Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Adding ear buds to Leonardo Da Vince's Mona Lisa doesn't make it any more acceptable to modernizing than this God awful eye sore!

Comment

Posie's Extremeliner has been around for well over twenty years and it is what it is; pretending to be nothing else.
                        He started with a sedan he purchased near where I live; I had actually looked at it in the garage where it had been stored for years when it was "not for sale."
                        For a number of years the Extremeliner also appeared on the box of Dynamat® insulation.
                        Last edited by rockne10; 01-24-2018, 01:47 PM.
                        Brad Johnson,
                        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Beautiful car............I love it.
                          Jack White
                          Charlotte,NC
                          North Carolina Studebaker Drivers Club

Comment

Holy Mary, Mother of God! Excuse me while I reach for the absinthe. While I do appreciate the mountain of work the customizer put into this car and I am usually more appreciative of the unusual, this just looks like a caricature of one of The Great Gatsby’s pleasure crafts! It has that unfathomable roofine, a bulbous front end, and a paint color that is reminiscent of the morning after a great night out. I’M DONE.
                            Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

Originally posted by gordr View Post
                              I would call it a gross caricature of what a '37 Dictator woodie should look like. I don't think any actual Studebakers were destroyed in making it, though.
                              That pretty well describes it, although unfortunately a 37 was destroyed to make it.

Comment

Working...
                              X