Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1957 Packard Clipper Owners: HELP REQUIRED!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1957 Packard Clipper Owners: HELP REQUIRED!!

Hi everyone.
    Well my upholstery guy (his name is Guy) is putting the puzzle back together with very rotted door panels etc, so templates are difficult to replicate in places. Can anyone take pics of the front door panels where they meet the dash and upper curvature of the front door? There isn't enough material left for him to see the correct curvature of the panel at the top front near where that single weird weatherstrip piece goes.
    If so, could I trouble you to text (I only have a dumb phone) to his number?: 618-409-3605 His email: kooldad_123@yahoo.com
    If not texting, a reply email to me would be great as well. bsozzard@gmail.com

Thanks in advance guys, this will assist us a lot.
    Cheers, Bill
    Finally something happening!

I'll go take a picture of mine Bill. Any of those work? I'll send them to him.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by raoul5788; 01-10-2018, 11:56 AM.
    Chip
    '63 Cruiser
    '57 Packard wagon
    '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
    '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Thanks Chip and any others trying to help. It turns out I had stored some pieces at a friends' and lo and behold there were the mysterious metal plates that filled the corners. All painted and ready to go, just forgotten. Whew! Too much time passed since taking her apart.
      Thanks again Chip, I'll be forwarding your pics.
      Cheers, Bill

Comment

Too much time passed since taking her apart.

Been there. Done that.

Comment

There is a couple of good Packard Forums also.
          Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
          Fort Worth, TX

Comment

Hi Bill, you have me wondering which pieces you were looking for?
            Are you talking about the metal upper hinge covers?
            My Packard’s interior was shot as well. Wondering if I’m missing something?
            sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
            Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
            "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzard View Post
              Thanks Chip and any others trying to help. It turns out I had stored some pieces at a friends' and lo and behold there were the mysterious metal plates that filled the corners. All painted and ready to go, just forgotten. Whew! Too much time passed since taking her apart.
              Thanks again Chip, I'll be forwarding your pics.
              Cheers, Bill
              Are you talking about the metal channels that are on the back edge of the kick panels?
              Chip
              '63 Cruiser
              '57 Packard wagon
              '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

No Bill.
                It turns out it hides the top front of the door (kinda uglyish in my opinion) near where that weird weatherstrip piece goes. This trim piece covers that whole location and kind of squares things off for the door panel to meet the dash. I can take pics if you need them. My interior was beyond shot, dry rotted in the extreme BUT that's also what saved the rest of the car in pristine condition, except of course the paint. When I get this whole mess to fruition, I'll post before and after pics. Once back from the upholstery shop I'll get on the glass replacement.
                Bill

Comment

Oh, ok, I know now what you are talking about.
                  I think I have mine...somewhere! I had to replace both of my front doors as they didn’t have any bottoms left in them. East coast car!
                  sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                  Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                  "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzard View Post
                    No Bill.
                    It turns out it hides the top front of the door (kinda uglyish in my opinion) near where that weird weatherstrip piece goes. This trim piece covers that whole location and kind of squares things off for the door panel to meet the dash. I can take pics if you need them. My interior was beyond shot, dry rotted in the extreme BUT that's also what saved the rest of the car in pristine condition, except of course the paint. When I get this whole mess to fruition, I'll post before and after pics. Once back from the upholstery shop I'll get on the glass replacement.
                    Bill
                    Yes, please post pictures because I have no idea what you are talking about.
                    Chip
                    '63 Cruiser
                    '57 Packard wagon
                    '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Working...
                    X