PDA

View Full Version : Nonexistant Studebakers in Silly Dreams

DougHolverson
12-24-2017, 08:39 AM
Last night I dreamed that I had an extra Studebaker that I didn't remember ever picking up. It was a WW2 military station wagon similar to a Dodge WC. Now I'm awake, I don't think that such a thing ever existed in real life.

This reminds me of another dream a few years back with a Studebaker tractor. It looked like about any other old unstyled farm tractor except that it had an industrial version of the Commander six in it. Something else I don't think ever existed, except for the outside chance of a sui generis home brew.

t walgamuth
12-24-2017, 09:01 AM
I posted this over at the Mercedes forum ten years ago:

I saw a 53 Studebaker speedster tonight
It was very very low to the ground like a porsche speedster with a very smalll roadster top. Short with only the one bench seat in front. Kindof a copper color with a v8, stick and dual exhausts. I had driven it to my folks house in rainy conditions and there was mud on the floor behind the seat. It was so low small and sleek. And it was mine.

The coolest car I ever owned.

And it was a dream.

A side effect of the flue, I guess.

Of course they never made one but now I will be thinking of making one since it was so cool looking,

Tom W

I still think of it whenever I see one of those convertible customs here.

DougHolverson
12-24-2017, 09:07 AM
So would a '53 Speedster have the clean split grill, but with the traga, butter knife, and three-tone paint?

t walgamuth
12-24-2017, 09:55 AM
To me it would have the standard 53 grill and would be one color.

I've noticed that the sunbeam alpiine/tiger and several fifties Alfa Romeros have lines very similar to the 53 and would look pretty sharp in a version with 53 Stude details.

When I see design similarities I often find with some digging that they were done by the same poeple.

studegary
12-24-2017, 10:12 AM
To me it would have the standard 53 grill and would be one color.

I've noticed that the sunbeam alpiine/tiger and several fifties Alfa Romeros have lines very similar to the 53 and would look pretty sharp in a version with 53 Stude details.

When I see design similarities I often find with some digging that they were done by the same poeple.

If not the same design people, they are often people that previously worked for some other known designer, like many that worked in Bob Bourke's South Bend Loewy Design Studio and then went elsewhere.

Noxnabaker
12-24-2017, 03:13 PM
Then as always I come to think of the (babyHemi-powered) Daimler Dart...

Lou Van Anne
12-24-2017, 03:58 PM
....and I thought I had it bad......(The Studebaker mental illness that is.....)

tsenecal
12-24-2017, 04:33 PM
I mostly dream about my REAL Studebakers, REALLY running and driving. That probably still means that I also have Studebaker mental illness, but maybe not as severe.

t walgamuth
12-24-2017, 06:27 PM
Then as always I come to think of the (babyHemi-powered) Daimler Dart...

That is no doubt the spawn of a Packard Hawk;)

57pack
12-24-2017, 06:28 PM
Back in 2013 I was in hospital very, very sick. Among the many crazy dreams I had was...
My oldest daughter had brought all of my Studebaker-Packard parts, supplies, and accessories into the hospital. Then proceeded to hold an auction of these items. One of the items was a Studebaker accessory flashlight in its original box. Don’t know if Studebaker ever offered this item, to me it was very real. Needless to say it was very upsetting to me in my drug induced condition.
Probably one of the times I tried to rip all of my IV lines out, thus getting a code blue and making the poor nurses crazy!

Noxnabaker
12-25-2017, 05:49 AM
Come to think of it I used to dream the same dream many times in my teens, that I still was 1,5-3 years old sitting on the back seat pillow looking forward in my parents -55 Commander Starlight.
& beeing REALLY disapointed when I woke up to a world where they sold that car about 10 years earlier...

rockne10
12-25-2017, 01:16 PM
The Studebakers I have do not appear in my dreams. But those that I've had, and driven to exhaustion, often appear and, though long gone, in my dream they are simply waiting for restoration; as well as my '59 Olds Dynamic 88 convertible of fifty years ago.

Ron Dame
12-25-2017, 05:52 PM
Last night, I bought a Champ truck, all fiberglass, 1 ton, R2, Hawk fins, dual rear wheels, and named it Rosemarie's Baby.
FML

Stude Shoo-wop!
12-29-2017, 08:00 AM
Last night I dreamed that I had an extra Studebaker that I didn't remember ever picking up. It was a WW2 military station wagon similar to a Dodge WC. Now I'm awake, I don't think that such a thing ever existed in real life.

This reminds me of another dream a few years back with a Studebaker tractor. It looked like about any other old unstyled farm tractor except that it had an industrial version of the Commander six in it. Something else I don't think ever existed, except for the outside chance of a sui generis home brew.

Well then, I would say Studebaker fever's just about reached its peak with this comment. Hopefully you recover but somehow I don't think that will be happening anytime soon.