No announcement yet.

A new member of the flock has arrived.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new member of the flock has arrived.

Bought it on Dec 20th.....how ironic, 54TH anniversary the day that the South Bend plant ceased production.
    Anyway, picked it up on Friday, the 22ND.
    The newest member is a 1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop. Very solid car with very minor rust issues, but requiring lots of TLC.
    It runs and drives, yet needs to have all systems checked out before it hits the road.
    So far the only missing or broken hard parts are the horn button and one tail light lens. Anyone having either, please contact me. Don't need NOS or new reproduction lens at this time, just serviceable used is fine to make it legal.
    I'm sure I'll find other items as I go through the process of checking things out.
    Will post pictures if I can figure out how.
    Merry Christmas to you all.
    sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
    1950 Champion Convertible
    1950 Champion 4Dr
    1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
    1957 Thunderbird

Well you know the drill Ken, no Pictures... it didn't happen!
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Rich, you of little faith, lol
      Even has a "Greater Seattle SDC" window sticker.Click image for larger version

Name:	DCP02160.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	1717709Click image for larger version

Name:	DCP02161.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	1717710Click image for larger version

Name:	DCP02162.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	1717711
      Has some minor rust issues, mostly the passenger side front floor where some critters set up housekeeping at some time or other. Will check other areas also, but trunk and rest of floor are very solid. Runs, drives, stops, but all systems will be tended to prior to any road trips. Has PS ,but no belt, so will check that out too. Originally pink with white top and deck. Not sure what it may end up, but tri tone pink, grey and white is sure pretty. Have located the roof band trim and a set of wire caps. Just what I needed, another project..................but ain't it cute?
      1950 Champion 4Dr
      1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Hey that’s a good lookin’ builder!
        1950 Commander Land Cruiser
        1951 Champion Business Coupe
        1951 Commander Starlight
        1952 Champion 2Dr. Sedan
        1953 Champion Starlight
        1953 Commander Starliner
        1953 2R5
        1956 Golden Hawk Jet Streak
        1957 Silver Hawk
        1957 3E5 Pick-Up
        1959 Silver Hawk
        1961 Hawk
        1962 Cruiser 4 speed
        1963 Daytona Convertible
        1964 Daytona R2 4 speed
        1965 Cruiser
        1970 Avanti

Comment

Nice, Ken; congrats. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Congratulations on a nice find! It never ceases to amaze me how so many nice Studes keep popping up out of the wood work. I have always secretly admired the 55 C/K, but would prefer a President over Speedster, mainly because of the President's beautiful dash.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderations View Post
              * Not sure what it may end up, but tri tone pink, grey and white is sure pretty. Have located the roof band trim and a set of wire caps. Just what I needed, another project..................but ain't it cute?
              Ken, you are So lucky, to have aquired a car with so much potential! If you're able to invest enough time, effort and resources? It will be quite spectacular, I'm sure! While the Tri-tones are nice, If it were my car, I would prefer some of the two tones myself? My first choice would be Midnight Black & Coral, second would be Black & Red and third lemon lime. I would also consider the Black with the green or with the, least likely, Yellow. I don't think I'd bother with the roof band, for any of them. The interior should, of course, be color cordinated. As far as hubcaps go, the standard stainless full wheel covers, are the best looking, in my opinion. Thanks for your post and what ever you decide to do, Please, keep us updated on your progress!

Mark
              Last edited by S2Deluxe; 12-31-2017, 01:32 PM.
              sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

Thunderations :

I have a NOS taillight lens for you . Email me at not4u@nlis.ca

Terry

Comment

Located a nice set of used tail light lens.
                  Thanks to all who responded.
                  Still need a horn button and the V8 2 piece trunk emblem.
                  About ready to start the passenger floor replacement so that it can get cleaned up, sound deadened and carpeted.
                  Door, kick and quarter panel vinyl is good but the backing boards are badly warped so will be replacing the backing with either KB board or thin masonite.
                  Lots of little details that seem to take much longer then they should............then something else needs some attention and a whole new can of worms is opened up.
                  Gosh, ain't this fun?

Interesting thing happened when we licensed the car. Took the plate from the clerk and headed home. When I put the plate on the car, there are 3 letters and then the numbers. The letters are CEC. My grandfather worked for Studebaker, in the foundry, until just before they shut down in 1964, took an early retirement. His name was Cecil and everyone called him Cec. Guess this car named itself and I'll honor that.
                  1950 Champion 4Dr
                  1957 Thunderbird

Comment

I might have a horn button, but if it is there, it's in Alberta, and I am in AZ for a couple of weeks, but I can sure look when I go home.
                    Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Thank you...........and enjoy the AZ weather while here. Are you taking in the various auto auctions while visiting? The Grand Canyon Chapter, SDC is having our "Winter Event". a car show, lunch/meeting at Mel Martin's Museum on Jan 20TH if you're still in town.
                      Originally posted by gordr View Post
                      I might have a horn button, but if it is there, it's in Alberta, and I am in AZ for a couple of weeks, but I can sure look when I go home.
                      1950 Champion 4Dr
                      1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Have you tried the Churning Wheels Newsletter site at http://studebakernef.com/churning_wheels.htm? Most of the parts are for '55s.

Originally posted by thunderations View Post
                        Bought it on Dec 20th.....how ironic, 54TH anniversary the day that the South Bend plant ceased production.
                        Anyway, picked it up on Friday, the 22ND.
                        The newest member is a 1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop. Very solid car with very minor rust issues, but requiring lots of TLC.
                        It runs and drives, yet needs to have all systems checked out before it hits the road.
                        So far the only missing or broken hard parts are the horn button and one tail light lens. Anyone having either, please contact me. Don't need NOS or new reproduction lens at this time, just serviceable used is fine to make it legal.
                        I'm sure I'll find other items as I go through the process of checking things out.
                        Will post pictures if I can figure out how.
                        Merry Christmas to you all.
                        Bill L.
                        1962 GT Hawk

Comment

That "Churning Wheels" Site has to be the weirdest Website EVER!

If it IS a Northeast Florida SDC Chapter Website, why is there only ONE Huge seller?

No Chapter Meeting info, Officers list, contact info, nothing like a real Chapter Newsletter.
                          StudeRich
                          Second Generation Stude Driver,
                          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Can't be there. I will probably head home on the 19th, as I absolutely must be home on the 22nd for a doctor appointment.
                            Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                              That "Churning Wheels" Site has to be the weirdest Website EVER!

If it IS a Northeast Florida SDC Chapter Website, why is there only ONE Huge seller?

No Chapter Meeting info, Officers list, contact info, nothing like a real Chapter Newsletter.
                              That's because the Northeast Florida Chapter is defunct. The website is hosted by an individual and a bit outdated.

Comment

Working...
                              X