Looking for a 309154 fog light switch nameplate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a 309154 fog light switch nameplate

Adding fog lights to my '55 Conestoga, and have everything except a Fog Light Switch Escutcheon / Nameplate. Part number 309154, used on '55's with wraparound windshield. NOS or nice used would be fine.

Thanks in advance.

Bob Kapteyn???

Comment

I am not sure about the 55 but the 54 has a spare terminal on the head light switch for a fog lamp. When the switch is in the down position the headlights are off and the fog lights are on. Some areas did not allow fog lights and headlights on at the same time and they were required to be focused to a standard the same as headlights were. I don't know what the rules are today. I have wired mine into the spare terminal on the headlight switch and they work fine headlights off fog lights on. With both on may cause too much draw for the circuit breakers.

Comment

Easy fix..........forget the fog lights, and don't drive in the fog. LOL

Comment

All Studebakers with fog lights had a designated switch. The headlight toggle switch in the down position should be for parking lights.

Comment

Matthew , I have not been to the shop yet.
            I will look for one when I go there next week.
            Robert Kapteyn

Comment

I think it's the Fog light Switch that David (altair) is talking about.

On the '54, the Toggle lever goes Down on the fog Light Switch for Fog -ON but the Headlight Switch has to be ON in Hd. Lt. UP mode switching from Head Lt. to Fog.

Interesting, but none of this applies to a Altra Vista '55 Sedan/Wagon, because they have Push/Pull Switches and you aren't asking for the Switch, only the Nameplate behind the Knob.
              None of the dash Parts were used on early '55's or C & K Models.

You will need to have the South Bend stock checked for that rare item.

Last edited by StudeRich; 12-24-2017, 08:52 PM.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I was having trouble 'picturing it' too, with all of the changes between to 54-55 styles of dashes. So, its an escutchion like on later Larks I see.

Comment

Thank you Richard that is correct.

Comment

You might just use 'FAN' or 'Lights" until you find one.. Pretty sure they are all the same except for the lettering. I looked, no dice.

Comment

Originally posted by (S) View Post
                      You might just use 'FAN' or 'Lights" until you find one.. Pretty sure they are all the same except for the lettering. I looked, no dice.
                      Thanks for checking.. Milt Yoder had the right one so I'm all set.
                      Last edited by mbstude; 12-26-2017, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Good deal! ( I meant sedans with wrap around are the same, so the others will fit the hole)

Comment

Working...
                        X