Late again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late again

Here we are getting towards the end of the month and still no turning wheels . It seems to be getting worse , some of our fine members south and west are getting theirs in the last week of the previous month . Whose butt do we have to kick ( or kiss ) to get them at least at the beginning of the month anyone know who is the distributor ?? Or is this a cross border problem ?? This has been an on going problem for the past 5 years if not longer and I think it is time to have our executive look into it and straighten it out once and for all . Anyone else haven't got December's issue yet ? Any other comments on this matter that are helpful??

I've had mine for over a week.....
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

Comment

I am pretty sure they get to most or All U.S. Members every month by the first week or sooner, no problem here.

The Publisher: Cornerstone and contact info is right there in every issue, no secret.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
        I am pretty sure they get to most or All U.S. Members every month by the first week or sooner, no problem here.

The Publisher: Cornerstone and contact info is right there in every issue, no secret.
        Your post reads like Cornerstone is the Publisher. That is not the case.
        Larry Swanson is the Publisher. Refer to page 52 of Nov.2017 "Turning Wheels" (and page three of all TWs.) if you question this.
        Cornerstone is the Membership Director whose address is used for the Office of Publication.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

OK, so whatever you call them, they Print and Mail them right? The Publisher would have nothing to do with shipping.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

See this post concerning delivery in of Turning Wheels in Canada.

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...Turning-Wheels

It has been a long standing issue that we have no control over once the magazine is placed in the mail. Canadian issues are trucked from the printer across the border and placed directly into the Canadian postal system. From there it is up to them to deliver them.
            sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

I've not received my December copy as of yesterday 12/19/17. Louisville KY.

Comment

Nothing up here in Ontario as yet 12/20 of course that’s the norm for us Canadian members.

Comment

JLB call Cornerstone and ask for a replacement issue. For Louisville KY that's way out of line.

Comment

For those who want to be correct . Sheridan Press are the printers and are responsible for the distribution of TW (Mailing ) this is what I have been told by Cornerstone .Take it from here . But it still doesn't get my TW here in Manitoba on the 20Th of December .

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                      OK, so whatever you call them, they Print and Mail them right? The Publisher would have nothing to do with shipping.
                      Cornerstone neither prints nor mails Turning Wheels. Sheridan Press in Pennsylvania does both of those tasks (Good Printers in Virginia used to do those tasks.).
                      Last edited by studegary; 12-20-2017, 05:53 PM. Reason: missing o
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

I'm only one province over from Terry, and I have no complaints about my TW delivery- I normally receive my issue within the first few days each month, unless there has been a delay as was the case this year after the Intl meet. I've been pleased with the service and timing of TW here.
                        Evan Davis
                        Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

Keep in mind its the holidays, and there is a LOT of mail going out right now.

Comment

Gary, Sheridan is responsible for placing TW in the mail. As I have told you on multiple occasions, they have NO RESPONSILITY for its delivery through the Canadian postal system. Again as you have been told Sheridan does not place Canadian issues in the US Postal System but takes then directly across the border and places them directly in the Canadian system. From there they are out of their hands.

By the way, Good did the exact same thing and still had the exact same problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Avantidon View Post
                              Gary, Sheridan is responsible for placing TW in the mail. As I have told you on multiple occasions, they have NO RESPONSILITY for its delivery through the Canadian postal system. Again as you have been told Sheridan does not place Canadian issues in the US Postal System but takes then directly across the border and places them directly in the Canadian system. From there they are out of their hands.

By the way, Good did the exact same thing and still had the exact same problem.
                              I understand that! I was just attempting to straighten out the misconception that Cornerstone did the printing and mailing. Refer to the quote that I was responding to.
                              I also understand that SDC has no control once they get into the mails.
                              Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Working...
                              X