PDA

View Full Version : Late again

old fart
12-19-2017, 06:08 PM
Here we are getting towards the end of the month and still no turning wheels . It seems to be getting worse , some of our fine members south and west are getting theirs in the last week of the previous month . Whose butt do we have to kick ( or kiss ) to get them at least at the beginning of the month anyone know who is the distributor ?? Or is this a cross border problem ?? This has been an on going problem for the past 5 years if not longer and I think it is time to have our executive look into it and straighten it out once and for all . Anyone else haven't got December's issue yet ? Any other comments on this matter that are helpful??

Lou Van Anne
12-19-2017, 06:30 PM
I've had mine for over a week.....

StudeRich
12-19-2017, 06:36 PM
I am pretty sure they get to most or All U.S. Members every month by the first week or sooner, no problem here. :)

The Publisher: Cornerstone and contact info is right there in every issue, no secret.

studegary
12-19-2017, 07:59 PM
I am pretty sure they get to most or All U.S. Members every month by the first week or sooner, no problem here. :)

The Publisher: Cornerstone and contact info is right there in every issue, no secret.

Your post reads like Cornerstone is the Publisher. That is not the case.
Larry Swanson is the Publisher. Refer to page 52 of Nov.2017 "Turning Wheels" (and page three of all TWs.) if you question this.
Cornerstone is the Membership Director whose address is used for the Office of Publication.

StudeRich
12-19-2017, 08:23 PM
OK, so whatever you call them, they Print and Mail them right? The Publisher would have nothing to do with shipping.

Avantidon
12-20-2017, 04:42 AM
See this post concerning delivery in of Turning Wheels in Canada.

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?103980-December-Turning-Wheels

It has been a long standing issue that we have no control over once the magazine is placed in the mail. Canadian issues are trucked from the printer across the border and placed directly into the Canadian postal system. From there it is up to them to deliver them.

JLB
12-20-2017, 04:57 AM
I've not received my December copy as of yesterday 12/19/17. Louisville KY.

kmul221
12-20-2017, 05:25 AM
Nothing up here in Ontario as yet 12/20 of course that’s the norm for us Canadian members.

Avantidon
12-20-2017, 07:29 AM
JLB call Cornerstone and ask for a replacement issue. For Louisville KY that's way out of line.

old fart
12-20-2017, 11:26 AM
For those who want to be correct . Sheridan Press are the printers and are responsible for the distribution of TW (Mailing ) this is what I have been told by Cornerstone .Take it from here . But it still doesn't get my TW here in Manitoba on the 20Th of December .

studegary
12-20-2017, 11:52 AM
OK, so whatever you call them, they Print and Mail them right? The Publisher would have nothing to do with shipping.

Cornerstone neither prints nor mails Turning Wheels. Sheridan Press in Pennsylvania does both of those tasks (Good Printers in Virginia used to do those tasks.).

fargoguy
12-20-2017, 12:01 PM
I'm only one province over from Terry, and I have no complaints about my TW delivery- I normally receive my issue within the first few days each month, unless there has been a delay as was the case this year after the Intl meet. I've been pleased with the service and timing of TW here.

creegster
12-20-2017, 12:37 PM
Keep in mind its the holidays, and there is a LOT of mail going out right now.

Avantidon
12-20-2017, 02:17 PM
Gary, Sheridan is responsible for placing TW in the mail. As I have told you on multiple occasions, they have NO RESPONSILITY for its delivery through the Canadian postal system. Again as you have been told Sheridan does not place Canadian issues in the US Postal System but takes then directly across the border and places them directly in the Canadian system. From there they are out of their hands.

By the way, Good did the exact same thing and still had the exact same problem.

studegary
12-20-2017, 07:56 PM
Gary, Sheridan is responsible for placing TW in the mail. As I have told you on multiple occasions, they have NO RESPONSILITY for its delivery through the Canadian postal system. Again as you have been told Sheridan does not place Canadian issues in the US Postal System but takes then directly across the border and places them directly in the Canadian system. From there they are out of their hands.

By the way, Good did the exact same thing and still had the exact same problem.

I understand that! I was just attempting to straighten out the misconception that Cornerstone did the printing and mailing. Refer to the quote that I was responding to.
I also understand that SDC has no control once they get into the mails.

55s
12-20-2017, 10:25 PM
Got mine today in Ontario.

creegster
12-20-2017, 10:55 PM
Im in Los Angeles, and I havent received mine yet. Im not freaking out about it though.

Avantidon
12-21-2017, 06:06 AM
Craig, if that is the case call Cornerstone and ask for a replacement as it should have been there. Of course, maybe it is hung up in the Christmas mail rush too.

57studesilverhawk
12-21-2017, 09:42 AM
Its Canada Post, and we cant help that, Dec 21st and mine is not here yet but maybe Santa will bring it Christmas eve , when it comes it comes , We know it was sent back in November, but our postal system is very slow.

Mike Sal
12-21-2017, 10:21 AM
No TW here in southern Illinois either....
Mike Sal

creegster
12-21-2017, 10:57 AM
Craig, if that is the case call Cornerstone and ask for a replacement as it should have been there. Of course, maybe it is hung up in the Christmas mail rush too.

Yeah, Im sure its in transit. The amount of packages USPS is dealing with is enormous this time of year. Thanks!

old fart
12-21-2017, 08:14 PM
21ST and still no sign guess I'll have to wait and see how long it takes for the replacement to get here .

57studesilverhawk
12-22-2017, 09:28 AM
Yeah, Im sure its in transit. The amount of packages USPS is dealing with is enormous this time of year. Thanks!

Its here today , now we can read ,and enjoy and start the wait all over again for the January with the new format, Merry Christmas to all .

Avantidon
12-22-2017, 09:35 AM
It's in the mail and should be arriving on mailboxes very soon. Really interested in seeing when you get it. So please let me know with a PM when it arrives.

old fart
12-22-2017, 12:23 PM
Holy crap it actually arrived today and it only took a month plus a day . Maybe they could try mailing the furthest ones first for a change .

creegster
12-22-2017, 03:21 PM
Yeah, because blaming the publisher for delays in delivery makes total sense.

packard352
12-22-2017, 03:38 PM
I'm always happy to receive mine when it drops on the doormat... whenever that might be... in the UK!

old fart
12-22-2017, 07:32 PM
My Final thought . I mailed a large heavy parcel to Oregon from here 6 days ago and it has got to the destination as of this morning . Turning Wheels you would have to put 15 years together stacked one on top of each other to equal my parcel and 1 mag takes 31 days go figure .
Take care you all

Old Fart

studegary
12-22-2017, 07:58 PM
My Final thought . I mailed a large heavy parcel to Oregon from here 6 days ago and it has got to the destination as of this morning . Turning Wheels you would have to put 15 years together stacked one on top of each other to equal my parcel and 1 mag takes 31 days go figure .
Take care you all

Old Fart

Speaking of Oregon. This week I received a parcel via USPS from Oregon to me here in New York in three days. I was amazed. For some reason, I can not get TW from Pennsylvania in three days.

t walgamuth
12-24-2017, 09:05 AM
We may need to rename the club....Grouchy old Caso drivers club.