Hollywood Parade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hollywood Parade

This evening, while reading, I had the Hollywood Christmas Parade on TV. I usually like this parade for all of the 1950s-1960s cars in it. This year, I was pleasantly surprised to see a 1960 Lark convertible. It was black with "LARK 60" plates.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Cool! I love seeing nice Studes. getting their much deserved Recognition!

I'll search the "Guide" for the local Network Channel.

UPDATE: well OK, nice Convert. I won't mention the quality of the "Parade Show", that was more about a stage show on the Street than the Parade, but yes there was a Lark, the lady driver slammed on the Brake and about threw the "Bears" out of the Car at one point.

Unless the Lark has an Alternator conversion, the Battery is going to be awfully Low by the end of the Parade with the Headlights on at idle mostly or completely in Drive.

Some of the Parade Cars got their Names mentioned, but not the Lark.

If you are as bored with it as I was, you can just Fast Forward (between commercials) to 45 Min. in of the 2 Hr. 23 Min. Show.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 12-16-2017, 02:27 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Rich - I agree with you about what the "parade" has become. That is why I just had it on while doing something else. I just look up enough to catch the cars.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I lost all interest in ANY of the parades once they became stage show extravaganzas instead of parades.
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
          Rich - I agree with you about what the "parade" has become. That is why I just had it on while doing something else. I just look up enough to catch the cars.
          Hmmnn....A parade in Hollywood this time of year...from what I've seen of this crowd over the last few decades...

I wonder what they are celebrating???
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

John; Post #1 says what it is: a CHRISTMAS Parade! They are NOT going to do this on a Family at home Day like Christmas Day, only the World Famous New Years Rose Parade in Pasadena is on THE DAY, Jan 1, .
            StudeRich
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
              John; Post #1 says what it is: a CHRISTMAS Parad subjecte! They are NOT going to do this on a Family at home Day like Christmas Day, only the World Famous New Years Rose Parade in Pasadena is on THE DAY, Jan 1, .
              And on that subject, the Rose Parade is where we'll be on New Years Day. This has been on Thelma's bucket list for ages and we were supposed to go last year but I ended up in hospital. Since we're both well enough to make the trip we're finally going to get there. BTW I think this is REALLY a genuine parade. I somehow don't think we'll see a Studebaker in it however.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Cool Stu, but I can't imagine how your reply with my "Quote" got SO messed up!

Do you have a English to French Converter? That would probably come in handy in Canada!
                StudeRich
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                X