GT dash test fit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT dash test fit

Looks like Buttercup is gonna lose about half of his glove compartment. The AC and heater hoses are trying to occupy the same space as the back half of the glove compartment. But like a friend just told me, "All you need is enough room for an insurance card".
    He's right. But I'm going to have a GT center console/glove box between the bucket seats just in case I want to carry something besides an insurance card. Maybe a pair of gloves. Imagine that, a pair of gloves in a glove box.

Jerry Forrester
    Forrester's Chrome
    Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

No glove.... No love....
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Do you plan to Bend that Ol' '37 Dictator top shifter, shift lever back a bit to save your Knuckles?
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
        No glove.... No love....
        What kind of gloves are you talking about? Sometimes I wonder about you. <G>
        Jerry Forrester
        Forrester's Chrome
        Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          Do you plan to Bend that Ol' '37 Dictator top shifter, shift lever back a bit to save your Knuckles?
          Actually, that's a Jeep shifter on top of the original '55 3 sp. w/od. But yes, I may have to adjust it a tad.
          Last edited by Jerry Forrester; 03-23-2018, 06:46 PM.
          Jerry Forrester
          Forrester's Chrome
          Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

Jerry, thanks for posting you work-in-progress. I enjoy following along.
            Nick

Comment

Putting the dash together today in prep for the installation.

I need a pair of turn signal indicators. I think mine are to far gone to use. I gave my SI catalog to someone and haven't got a new one yet. Are these available from any of our vendors. Or, do anyone of you have a pair you can let go?
              Jerry Forrester
              Forrester's Chrome
              Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

Looking good!
                HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Thanks Jeff.
                  But no, that info didn't help. ;-)
                  Last edited by Jerry Forrester; 03-23-2018, 01:12 PM.
                  Jerry Forrester
                  Forrester's Chrome
                  Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

Just got mine installed the other day, I too had to cut about half the glove box away. I guess the insurance slip and gloves will fit but I also installed a duo USB charger with digital voltage readout for all those many modern devices, I can say that now I just stepped up from a flip phone.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Dash Dash 002.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	156.7 KB
ID:	1719999Click image for larger version

Name:	Dash Dash 001.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	144.2 KB
ID:	1720000Click image for larger version

Name:	Dash Dash 005.JPG
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	1720001Click image for larger version

Name:	Dash Dash 003.JPG
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	1720002
                    Bill Foy
                    1000 Islands, Ontario
                    1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

Very nice job, Bill. Do it yourself??

Very nice job too, Jerry.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
                        I need a pair of turn signal indicators. I think mine are to far gone to use. I gave my SI catalog to someone and haven't got a new one yet. Are these available from any of our vendors. Or, do anyone of you have a pair you can let go?
                        I didn't know those things were supposed to have an arrow on them. Mine have nice chrome, but are just a green dot with no arrow. I have LED's behind them so they're actually bright enough to see.

How about cleaning the chrome and just painting them Silver, or Black , or Brown to match the woodgrain? I use a Toilet cleaner called "The Works" to remove rust, it works very well and will remove cad, zinc and chrome too, but probably not the nickel. It doesn't look like much of that is left anyway. I've never had it affect plastic or paint at all.

Comment

My 64 has the arrows.....
                          Originally posted by bensherb View Post
                          I didn't know those things were supposed to have an arrow on them. Mine have nice chrome, but are just a green dot with no arrow. I have LED's behind them so they're actually bright enough to see.

How about cleaning the chrome and just painting them Silver, or Black , or Brown to match the woodgrain? I use a Toilet cleaner called "The Works" to remove rust, it works very well and will remove cad, zinc and chrome too, but probably not the nickel. It doesn't look like much of that is left anyway. I've never had it affect plastic or paint at all.
                          Lou Van Anne
                          62 Champ
                          64 R2 GT Hawk
                          79 Avanti II

Comment

Originally posted by bensherb View Post

Yeah, that's what I will probably do if no one comes through with some nice ones.
                            Jerry Forrester
                            Forrester's Chrome
                            Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Billy View Post
                              Just got mine installed the other day, I too had to cut about half the glove box away. I guess the insurance slip and gloves will fit but I also installed a duo USB charger with digital voltage readout for all those many modern devices, I can say that now I just stepped up from a flip phone.
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]71209[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]71210[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]71211[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]71212[/ATTACH]
                              That's a very nice set up.
                              I plan to build some sort of small console/cup holder for Buttercup. Nothing as nice as yours. Just something to go from the GT console to up under the dash. But I have that danged floor shifter to work around.
                              Jerry Forrester
                              Forrester's Chrome
                              Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

Working...
                              X