Correction on Posting about registries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correction on Posting about registries

For those who remember the posting I think by John ?? my apologies if I am wrong , wanted to know about registries . Someone posted that they had and were an unofficial 66 registry . I piped in saying it was about time he came out of the shadows and took on a registry officially and suggested the 64-66 Commanders 2&4 dr models and the Challengers 2 & 4 Doors and the 4 Dr Daytona's . I was promptly corrected that it would be an easy registry as there were none made . Here are the facts told to me by a former Studebaker employee . Challengers were made in 2 door and 4 door models in South Bend only in 1964 . The Commanders were built in both South Bend in 1964 and in Hamilton in 1964-66 both in 2 Dr and 4 Door models . Now this next one that wasn't made according to the correction Daytona 4 Dr sedans . Built in South Bend 1964 built in Hamilton 1964-66 . I know my days in the 1960's and the fond memories that go with them are long gone and I am in my seventies but my fond days of working for a Studebaker dealer are still pretty well preserved .

Now that I have said my piece on that is there anyone out there that is willing to take on the registry for all 64-66 commanders all 64 challengers and all 64-66 Daytona 4 Door sedans.
    If so email me for details at not4u@nlis.ca Thanks for your patience .

Old Fart
    Terry

Originally posted by old fart View Post
    /Cut/Here are the facts told to me by a former Studebaker employee . Challengers were made in 2 door and 4 door models in South Bend only in 1964 . The Commanders were built in both South Bend in 1964 and in Hamilton in 1964-66 both in 2 Dr and 4 Door models . Now this next one that wasn't made according to the correction Daytona 4 Dr sedans . Built in South Bend 1964 built in Hamilton 1964-66 . I know my days in the 1960's and the fond memories that go with them are long gone and I am in my seventies but my fond days of working for a Studebaker dealer are still pretty well preserved .

Now that I have said my piece on that is there anyone out there that is willing to take on the registry for all 64-66 commanders all 64 challengers and all 64-66 Daytona 4 Door sedans.
    If so email me for details at not4u@nlis.ca Thanks for your patience.
    Old Fart
    Terry
    Terry, no one EVER questioned all those Models of Challenger and Commander you mentioned, but there WERE NO '65 and '66 Daytona 4 Door Sedans, PLAIN and Simple! NONE!

So just except that either HE or YOU mis-remembered it, and forget it already!

I can tell you that there were some '64 Model peculiarities that are NOT well known.

The only ones that are often a surprise to some are; the Canadian '64 "Daytonas" with Six Cylinder Engines, and the '64 Challenger; Wagons, Wagonaires, 4 Door Sedans and 2 Door Sedans ALL of which were built in S/B in 6's & 8's, but not in Hamilton.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 12-13-2017, 12:08 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Hey my friend ; Contact Stu Chapman as he has all sorts of records and this information comes direct from Studebaker so you can take it from here .I agree the Challengers were only built in S/B .I have a habit of believing people who were directly involved with a company not just Studebaker before any other source .

Comment

[QUOTE=StudeRich;1086932]Terry, no one EVER questioned all those Models of Challenger and Commander you mentioned, but there WERE NO '65 and '66 Daytona 4 Door Sedans, PLAIN and Simple! NONE!

Maybe this will help.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image (3).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	1717544

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image (2).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	1717545
        Bob Langer
        Glenshaw,PA

Comment

Well Guys : I had to get some written proof and I found it myself in a showroom brochure I have here in my office .Thanks Bob for the additional proof . There is a 65 Daytona 4 dr but it is a wagon not a sedan . So I guess this settles this once and for all .and now I can search for a registry manager for the 64 Challengers , the 64 Daytona 4 drs and the 64-66 commanders all . Rich do you still have that 4 dr ? as listed in the 2014 national roster . As your brother does a registry I think with your knowledge you would be a perfect fit to manage this registry . What do you say ?? Would you huh huh huh ???? Will be re-posting request .
          Old Fart

Comment

I have a habit of believing people who were directly involved with a company not just Studebaker before any other source .
            Wait, what?
            That's some sort of joke, right?

As your brother does a registry I think with your knowledge you would be a perfect fit to manage this registry .
            What do you say ?? Would you huh huh huh ???? Old Fart
            FYI~
            My father has no siblings.
            As far as I know anyway...

As for my registry?
            It's basically dead.
            For now.

Last edited by StudeDave57; 12-14-2017, 01:50 AM.
            StudeDave '57
            US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
            SDC Member since 1985

past President
            Whatcom County Chapter SDC
            San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
            San Diego Chapter SDC
            North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Isn't there already a registry for all 1966 models?
              Evan Davis
              Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

Hi Evan : There is a registry for the 66 Daytona sports sedans one for the 66 cruisers and one that includes the wagons but that's it .

Comment

If someone wants to give me a tutorial on how to load my '66 registry to the website, I'd be glad to share it with all. I tried the "conctact the webmaster" but when I click the link, nothing happens (read I'm not very good with computers).

This registry in inclusive off all 1966 automobiles made at Hamilton. Since we're only talking about a population of 8900 cars, I didn't see any reason to split any of them out. If the keepers of the wagon and daytona registries will keep me up to date, I can promise to do the same with them as any of these vehicles pop up).
                  Mike Sal

Comment

See- I was right. There is a registry of all 66s. I thought the Manager of registries would have known about it.
                    Evan Davis
                    Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

Hi Evan :
                      The ones that I mentioned are official SDC registries and what Mike has are his own personal gatherings . I have invited Mike several times to take on an official registry but he has not responded . We would prefer not to double up on registries as it would discourage other member managers efforts to have an accurate account in that registry as well as confuse the general membership as to which registry to enter their vehicle.If Mike would like to take on the 64-66 Commander 2 & 4 Dr models , the 64 Challenger 2 & 4 Drs as well as the 64 Daytona 4 Drs he is more than welcome but to say he has the 66's covered just adds to the confusion . There is an official listing posted by Mark Wheeler , just google Studebaker registries and you will see that he is NOT on the list

Terry.

Comment

Currently there are only 3 other lists which would overlap a complete '66 registry....66 Cruisers; 66 Daytonas; 63-66 wagons. My registry also includes all of the data published (from TW & other sources) so far about the 1966 model year (something the other registries do not have). It also includes a tab which lists car VIN's by month, which is a easy way to determine (or estimate) when your 1966 automobile was actually built (not everyone wants to spend the money for a build sheet).

Some of the vehicles listed in the other registries came from my list (and a few of mine came from the Daytona list). I do not see where a hardship exists, especially in a population as small as the '66 model year.

As said, I'll be glad to share it with anyone interested. If the complete list isn't what the club wants, then I guess that's ok too. I am not interested in working on a sub-set list.
                        Mike Sal

Comment

Mike :
                          To each his own . If you feel your efforts are better served on their own that's up to you . I was simply giving you the opportunity to help the members of the club with an official registry for the year and models previously mentioned as others have. The choice is yours .

Comment

So what is the difference between an official registry And mike’s?
                            Evan Davis
                            Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

Fargoguy....when you go to the SDC home page under the resources tab looking for registries you won't find Mikes. The only way you know about his is by happenstance like hearing about it in this thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X