Joliet Studebaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joliet Studebaker

Anybody know what has happened to Bob? His number is disconnected and nothing from emails sent in the last week?

Bob, if/when you see this would you drop me a note with your cell phone number. I've been sending customers your way and they've all told me about the bad number.
    Last edited by Bo Markham; 12-12-2017, 07:15 PM.
    Bo

try going through the forum, he posted something yesterday, he should speak up when he sees this.
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Comment

If you are refering to rkapteyn I too sent him a recent PM and no response but see postings. Looked odd but thought age and health may have him in a rough patch so was watching for other signs of his activity. Feel better not being the only one that feels something odd may be happening.

Comment

Bob asked that I take down his internet information from the website. He still sells but with local pickup only. Due to his health, he can't field internet requests and I'm thinking even phone calls are getting tough.
        64 GT Hawk (K7)
        1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

I had a nice visit with Bob at his shop this past Friday; I consider him a great friend. While he is moving a little slower, he is doing well! For those of you who have never visited his warehouse, it is an amazing experience. How many vendors operate out of an actual automotive factory? Well, Bob does, as his business is based in the old Economy Motor Car Company location.
          Eric DeRosa

\'63 R2 Lark
          \'60 Lark Convertible

Comment

Originally posted by 2R2 View Post
            I had a nice visit with Bob at his shop this past Friday; I consider him a great friend. While he is moving a little slower, he is doing well! For those of you who have never visited his warehouse, it is an amazing experience. How many vendors operate out of an actual automotive factory? Well, Bob does, as his business is based in the old Economy Motor Car Company location.
            I thought it was an old school house that he housed all his parts in. I want to stop by soon but need to make a list of the parts I need first. Where can I find his address?

Comment

He emailed me a month ago or so and said that he wouldn't be spending much time at his parts building since it's not feasible to heat the place during the winter, and as a result he wouldn't be able to take many parts inquiries.

He disconnected the landline and only uses a cellphone now.

Comment

Originally posted by TWChamp View Post
                I thought it was an old school house that he housed all his parts in. I want to stop by soon but need to make a list of the parts I need first. Where can I find his address?
                I also thought was a school at first as it definitely looks like one: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...hlight=kapteyn

He then told me it was an automotive factory.

Craig

Comment

Looks a lot like my old junior high school.
                  Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
                  50 Champion 2 door*
                  53 Commander K Auto*
                  53 Commander K overdrive*
                  55 President Speedster
                  62 GT 4Speed*
                  63 Avanti R1*
                  64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

I know we are drifting off topic here, but as I have had the advantage of visiting Bob's place many times (My hometown is Joliet, and my mother still lives there) the building Bob houses his parts in is quite interesting. Above the front door, one can still make out some of the Economy Motor Car Company sign. Bob also has a binder covering the history of Economy Motors, and pictures of when they produced cars. Economy was one of the hundreds of small manufactures which never survived beyond the first couple of decades of the automobile.
                    Eric DeRosa

\'63 R2 Lark
                    \'60 Lark Convertible

Comment

Bob told me he prefers to be contacted by text. Have part number ready. 815-212-2389

Denny L

Comment

Originally posted by 2R2 View Post
                        Above the front door, one can still make out some of the Economy Motor Car Company sign.
                        It is still visible, despite the spalling concrete.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                        X