'55 (?) Studebaker pick up truck seen in Sacramento

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '55 (?) Studebaker pick up truck seen in Sacramento

I'm not as familiar with the Studebaker trucks as I am with the cars. I spotted this very nice '55 (?) pick up in the beautiful Land Park area of Sacramento:

I would welcome correction on the year if I have it wrong.

Yep, looks like a '55 to me also, although it has the smaller STUDEBAKER nameplate on the front lower edge of the hood used on the earlier models, and has an earlier hood ornament. The hood may have been replaced at some point. But best I can tell, it has the larger '55 rear window.

CORRECTION: Nope, was wrong again (my wife says as usual ). See below for correct info.
    Last edited by r1lark; 12-12-2017, 12:52 PM.
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
    Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

I think that really is a 1954 pickup, not a 1955. That would explain the trim differences on the hood.
      That back window, though not easy to see, looks like the smaller window last used in 1954. Thus the 54 cab is unique - first use of the one piece windshield, and last use of the smaller back window.

Comment

That's Jason Michaels truck. It's his companion Studebaker for the 50 Champion on the inside front cover of the July 2017 issue of Turning Wheels. Jason runs the website for the Karel Staple Chapter SDC in Northern California. Check it out at
        www.Hawktalks .com

1954 3R6-12
        Last edited by Sdude; 12-12-2017, 12:45 PM.
        Jon Stalnaker
        Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Working...
        X