PDA

View Full Version : Hawaii Studebakers?

T-CAB
12-07-2017, 11:15 PM
I will be travelling to Maui in February. Any Stude's there worth looking up?

T-Cab

Lothar
12-07-2017, 11:28 PM
I'm sure that there are some fine Studebakers in Hawaii, but I wonder how many of them are truly "native" (sold new there or, in the case of military vehicles, on the island since they ended their service)? Salt air is ever-present there, relentlessly breaking them down.

AllstonEP
12-08-2017, 01:24 AM
Check the AC unit in twoprimo's car if he still has it seven years later - http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?46465-Installing-aftermarket-air-conditioning

j.byrd
12-08-2017, 10:27 AM
T-Cab, I am on the Big Island of Hawaii, and there are a few here. There was actually a good sized dealer over in Hilo, but I only got to talk to one of the family for a few minutes a couple of years ago. Maui probably has some, Oahu definitely does, but I have not contacted anyone from Maui yet. ( a guy at a show here said he knew a man with a Lark there, but some of his description was a bit "iffy", ha ! ) The way to possibly reach some of the guys that would be free and possibly work could be Craigslist. We are given a choice on there as to which island is most appropriate for the ad, but each island can see the ads. Don't know why I haven't done this yet, but I would try that 1st. Good luck sir, I will be trying different things and asking friends also.

Lou Van Anne
12-08-2017, 10:40 AM
Saw a white Avanti there.....in 1977 that is.....

2R5
12-08-2017, 11:00 AM
A wagonaire was sold in Ontario and was shipped to Hawaii, I’m sure it’s still there

wittsend
12-08-2017, 01:50 PM
Can you see McGarrett in a Police issue Lark and Magnum PI in an Avanti? :) If only Studebaker had held on ... .

Deaf Mute
12-08-2017, 09:49 PM
My 2015 SDC Roster shows only nine members residing in Hawaii.