Champ 8E power steering: mounting the hose brackets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering: Champ 8E power steering: mounting the hose brackets

Rather than glomming onto another thread about the power steering hoses failing, I am starting a new thread. Yay me. Whatever.

I installed Dave T's power steering on my Champ and love it. It works so much better than expected. For the short term, I used lots of cable ties to locate the hoses while I did a shake down. Two years later, a few thousand miles, and a couple of failed attempts, I still have cable ties.
    Problem is, that where I want to mount the hose brackets is the bottom plate of the frame right under the spring, and the spring is in the way of drilling. I really don't want to drop the sprigs just to drill two holes.

Anyone have any ideas of how I can mount these brackets without drilling?
    Ron Dame
    '63 Champ

Ron, can You post a Pic of Your request " I'd get a better visual " and maybe a fix.
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

I'll see if I remember to get one this weekend, but basically the hoses pass between the front axle and the frame and should be clamped there.I'm thinking, but not finding a clam that my clip to the frame somehow.
      Ron Dame
      '63 Champ

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Dame View Post
        Rather than glomming onto another thread about the power steering hoses failing, I am starting a new thread. Yay me. Whatever.

I installed Dave T's power steering on my Champ and love it. It works so much better than expected. For the short term, I used lots of cable ties to locate the hoses while I did a shake down. Two years later, a few thousand miles, and a couple of failed attempts, I still have cable ties.
        Problem is, that where I want to mount the hose brackets is the bottom plate of the frame right under the spring, and the spring is in the way of drilling. I really don't want to drop the sprigs just to drill two holes.

Anyone have any ideas of how I can mount these brackets without drilling?
        Cutting torch.
        Jerry Forrester
        Forrester's Chrome
        Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Working...
        X