• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for someone who prefers stock...

...I like this custom.
    Ron Dame
    '63 Champ

It looks nice, but I can not see $45K for it with the original drivetrain and chassis.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
      It looks nice, but I can not see $45K for it with the original drivetrain and chassis.
      I don't dispute that, it does seem high. But it seems a tasteful rod and is still Studebaker powered.
      Ron Dame
      '63 Champ

Comment

Yes, it has been discussed before and I also like it. There are a few modifications I would not have bothered with, but overall a nice custom. The drive train is one of the things that make it unique, but won't help it sell for the kind of money the seller has in it.
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

Quite tastefully done. Personally the louvers, lake pipes and spotlights are not an asset. A fine example of: "Less is more."
          sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
          1950 Champion Convertible
          1950 Champion 4Dr
          1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
          1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Originally posted by thunderations View Post
            Quite tastefully done. Personally the louvers, lake pipes and spotlights are not an asset. A fine example of: "Less is more."
            I agree, even though my first choice is all stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Dame View Post
              That's the best looking grill I have ever seen in a '52.
              Studebaker should have done that.
              Jerry Forrester
              Forrester's Chrome
              Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Originally posted by thunderations View Post
                Typically, I would argree with you, but in the case of this car, I reckon that it makes it period-perfect, especially with the hopped-up six in the engine compartment. Is a sweet car indeed. Yellow with red interior usually ain't my thing either, but with this car it works. If I were to pick nits here, about the only thing I would change is go to old-skool air cleaners, put rubber rad hoses on it, drop the billet caps on the rad and puke tank and call it a day. cheers junior
                Last edited by junior; 12-08-2017, 04:58 AM.
                sigpic
                1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

It's a tasteful customizing job, but it's not my cup of tea. Also, $45000???
                  Rog
                  '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                  Smithtown,NY
                  Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

I agree with Junior in I'm not a fan of the color combination.

Comment

Lot of nice work there.
                      No reflection on this car or anyones car, but I just don't get 'custom'! I'm sure it's a generational thing, but I can't stand any of it.
                      Lakes pipes, spots, louvers, frenched this or that, door poppers, de-chroming, other car parts weirdly grafted in.... Ugh.

There, felt good to rant about it.
                      My hot rod magazines as a kid were full of pro street, I guess that's why I prefer the fat rear tire look.

Comment

Originally posted by Michidan View Post
                        Lot of nice work there.
                        No reflection on this car or anyones car, but I just don't get 'custom'! I'm sure it's a generational thing, but I can't stand any of it.
                        Lakes pipes, spots, louvers, frenched this or that, door poppers, de-chroming, other car parts weirdly grafted in.... Ugh.

There, felt good to rant about it.
                        My hot rod magazines as a kid were full of pro street, I guess that's why I prefer the fat rear tire look.
                        I hear you. Although I am old enough to have experienced the custom era, I did not grow up in an area where they existed or in a family that was car oriented. I was almost 20 before my sister married a guy who was into Hot Rods and I started reading his old magazines. He had a very hot Henry J, but had an 1948 Olds grille, 55 Chevy tail light lenses, and custom swirl painted wheels. Strange to me on a drag oriented car, but his dream.
                        Also, the traditional customs we think of now were built from common cars of their day. They were not "classics" back then. They were changed to make them stand out among other similar cars. That kind of effort still goes on with a newer crop of cars, and most get the same reaction from me that my parents would have had to a chopped Merc.
                        "In the heart of Arkansas."
                        Searcy, Arkansas
                        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                        1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
                        X