PDA

View Full Version : This one been posted yet?

64V-K7
12-06-2017, 01:19 PM
55 2E / 3sp /OD

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1955-studebaker-model-e/?utm_source=dailymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2017-12-06

StudeRich
12-06-2017, 03:04 PM
I wonder where all this Conn. and Arizona stuff comes from in the remarks about it? It is Registered in Washington per the Collector Lic. Plate. :ohmy:

I can't find any info on the Bring-A-Trailer Site that says WHERE it is, only the owner's remarks post that says it is in Arizona and has an Arizona Title!

That '55 E12 Looks good with a '57-'59 Two Tone. :!:

A VERY Nice 3/4 Ton that you rarely find without a 4 Speed, IMHO the 3 Speed Overdrive is a major PLUS.

The 1 Ton '57-'64 Front Bumper does look a little out of place on the rear though.

6hk71400
12-06-2017, 03:19 PM
Hezzy Kapus had many years ago advertised a 55 3/4 with OD listed as a brown color for sale. I was interested but never went up to Phoenix to look. It was advertised in the Grand Canyon Chapter's newsletter the Echo. Not sure how long ago but it was listed at $800.00 as a running driving truck

Bob Miles
Tucson AZ

StudeRich
12-06-2017, 04:21 PM
You must be right, I have Pictures of THIS Same Truck from a eBay or Craigslist Ad I think, it had an Optima Red Top Battery in it then, from Oct. 4, 2012.

Hezzy Kapus? Really, that's a person's Name? :eek: I guess you wouldn't forget that one!

69018 69019

63 R2 Hawk
12-06-2017, 04:43 PM
Hezzy was a long time member of the ASC, passed away a few years back. He had a beautiful '32 Six 4 door convertible IIRC.

6hk71400
12-06-2017, 07:08 PM
Hezzy was a long time member of the ASC, passed away a few years back. He had a beautiful '32 Six 4 door convertible IIRC. As my hazy memory serves, I think there was a picture of that car taken with two other cars at the Grand Canyon and they were on the cover of Turning Wheels sometime in the eighties or early nineties (?). The International meet was in Las Vegas and that picture was to show that Studebakers could tolerate hotter weather. It was Hot in Vegas that year. My A/C went out and from Vegas drove to Reno to see about it getting fixed. Extended Warranty from our local new car dealer was only good in Tucson. At 3am in the morning as we came back, it was 103 posted on a local temp sign.

Bob Miles
Tucson AZ

64V-K7
12-07-2017, 05:47 AM
As my hazy memory serves.........Bob Miles
Tucson AZ

Here's a test. Do you remember the serial number of that Avanti you turned into a pickup?

6hk71400
12-07-2017, 02:26 PM
Here's a test. Do you remember the serial number of that Avanti you turned into a pickup?

I think you may be thinking of the second R2 Black Champ that was factory built with 4 pages of production order. I have not owned an Avanti or just had one raggy 64 Champ. I wrote an article and sent all the information to Linda Fox when she was Turning Wheels Editor. The article was never published and all the information I had was not returned. Lou Fencl owned it here in Tucson. Last I heard it was in one of the Dakota's. I wrote a history but lost the address and particulars of the current owner.

Bob Miles
Tucson AZ

64V-K7
12-07-2017, 03:40 PM
I think you may be thinking of the second R2 Black Champ that was factory built with 4 pages of production order. I have not owned an Avanti or just had one raggy 64 Champ. I wrote an article and sent all the information to Linda Fox when she was Turning Wheels Editor. The article was never published and all the information I had was not returned. Lou Fencl owned it here in Tucson. Last I heard it was in one of the Dakota's. I wrote a history but lost the address and particulars of the current owner.

Bob Miles
Tucson AZ

So this isn't you?
http://www.studebaker-info.org/AOAI/AOAI37/bobmilesaoai37p1.jpg