Do Any Studebaker Blueprints Exist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Any Studebaker Blueprints Exist?

I was wondering if any blueprints still exist, and if so, is this something I could look at for information?

At the moment I'm wondering about the horn mounts for 1950 Commanders. The left horn was missing on my just purchased 1950 Land Cruiser, and I bought one from French Lake. I just restored it, but was wondering if the mount and hardware ever had any paint or plating to help against rust. I've only seen them with rust, and no sign of paint or plating. I used my CASWELL COPY-CAD home plating kit to give the mount and hardware a coat of zinc, then lightly wire brushed it with a small brass brush. I then give it a light coat of oil, so it would stay rust free for a long time. I like to stay as original as possible, but if doing this will help prevent rust, and still look original, then I'll do it. There are a few other small parts I was wondering the same thing, such as the small metal tab under the clutch pedal, which hits the starter button.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Horn Land Cruiser.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	1756207

The Museum has most/all Studebaker blueprints. Copies are for sale. That said, Studebaker bought horns from both Delco and Sparton, and those mounting brackets came with the horns -- so I suspect that Stude would not have made any blueprints for them. I recently bought one or two NOS horn mounting brackets from Mathew B. at Stephen Allen Stude, and they were painted black. The Delco and Sparton horn brackets look the same at first glance, but are slightly different. There are also left and right versions.
    Skip Lackie

Comment

Yes, Andy Beckman at the national museum is the go-to guy for buying copies of factory blueprints.

We’re in the midst of reproducing a few parts, such as ‘51 headlight bezels and C/K gas tanks. Andy was able to supply the blueprints for us to send to the manufacturers.

Comment

Wow c/k tanks, that should be a good seller and help a lot of folks

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
        Yes, Andy Beckman at the national museum is the go-to guy for buying copies of factory blueprints.

We’re in the midst of reproducing a few parts, such as ‘51 headlight bezels and C/K gas tanks. Andy was able to supply the blueprints for us to send to the manufacturers.
        Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Yes, talk to Andy.
          I ordered the copies of blueprints for the third row seat in Wagonaires

The blue prints showed mounting details and the various part numbers for brackets and components.
          sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
          Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
          "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Originally posted by 57pack View Post
            Yes, talk to Andy.
            I ordered the copies of blueprints for the third row seat in Wagonaires

The blue prints showed mounting details and the various part numbers for brackets and components.

Now that would be interesting !
            sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post

WOW, that is cool!

Comment

Studebaker International also has a nearly complete set of prints that came from Plant 8.

There were three sets of prints made that Studebaker had. The Engineering department had a set, Plant 8 had a set, and another set kept in the Administration Building. The ones the SNM has are the "master drawings" which are the white prints that the draftsman actually hand drew, as well as some from the Engineering department. SI has the ones from Plant 8 which were used more.
                Chris Dresbach

Comment

Working...
                X