1962 Hawk trunk lid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1962 Hawk trunk lid

Does anyone have a Hawk trunk lid that will fit my 1962 Hawk...any will do as long as it is repairable. Chet

Any hawk trunk lid from 56-63 will fit a 62 including a 64 although a 64 will look slightly different.

Comment

Steve (swvalcon) is correct, any '56 to '64 will fit. Also, '53 to '55 will fit but they have a rounded shape. '56 has a different key/lock assembly, so looks different then '57 and later.
      Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
      '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
      '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
      '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

I have a GH lid I was going to make into a GT lid, but I hated the thought of messing up a decent GH lid. It is rust free but has some dings and two dealer installed backup light holes in the ribbed area, which would be covered up by the aluminum trim panel on '62 and '63 Hawks. The key hole would have to be relocated as it sits in a lower spot on the older Hawk lids. I believe someone makes-or has made-a fiberglass '64 style lid.

Comment

63 R2 There is a fiberglass trunk made. Google it. You could use the older lid and just use all the older lock parts but would not be able to use the trim panel. I have a messed up 62 lid I want to use and not sure if I will graft on a Lin. Mark 3 continental hump or weld in a piece of 20 gauge tin and make it look like a 64.

Comment

I assume you are willing to sell the trunk lid, what is your price? Thanks, Chet

Comment

Originally posted by chet445 View Post
              I assume you are willing to sell the trunk lid, what is your price? Thanks, Chet
              Sent you a pm.

Comment

If you and the seller figure out a way to ship the trunk that is less than $800, please let me know how you did it. Not to mention $165 to crate the trunk.
                Thanks,
                Joe H

Comment

I sent you a pm ( private message) and received your replies on mine, but unable to reply per this message;
                  "vBulletin Message

Sorry! That user has specified that they do not wish to receive emails. If you still wish to send an email to this user, please contact the administrator and they may be able to help.

Send me an email at
                  enjoyus63@msn.com

Comment

I have used a company that has arranged transport for heavy items such as motors and they have been very economical in dealings..way far less than the $800 you mentioned. Try calling freight quote.com 800-323-5441 ext 6334. Bet you will be happy!

Comment

Working...
                    X