Black Friday Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Friday Tires

I found Hancook Optimo H724 white wall tires, 205 75 15's for $ 56.97 on Discounttiredirect.com. Then I checked Amazon Prime and they had the same tire for $ 51.27. I tell Discount Tire about it and they agree to match the price, and inform me of a $ 75.00 black Friday mail in rebate for set of 4 as well. It works out to $ 32.50 a tire with free shipping! I can't remember the last time I got tires so cheap!

I love Black Friday...especially when I don't have to go anywhere!
    Fred

I'm buying my daughter a set of tires this weekend. I'm buying them at Pep Boys as they're selling them at 50% off a set of four.
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

I just ordered a set of 4. I'll give a report once I get them mounted and on my '55 President State Sedan.
      Thank you 53starliner for doing the legwork. The tires currently on my car are 17 years old and need to go.
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Yes, thanks for the information!

I just ordered a set of the Optimo H724's 205/75 R15's from Discount Tire Direct and applied for the $75 "Thanksgiving Day" rebate.

BTW: they showed only 12 left in stock when I ordered and I took 4 of those so they may have only 8 left. Also the rebate is only good until 11/27/17, so if you are thinking about ordering a set do it soon.
        Dan Peterson
        Montpelier, VT
        1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
        1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

Thanks for the 'heads up' guys! Discount tire Direct has 205/75/R15 Sentury tires for $35.97 with free shipping!

I had to go for it.

Comment

I got the $45 each deal for Hankooks this summer (w/ free shipping), but never got the $75 gift card I was promised....
            Mike Sal

Comment

wow! thanks for the tip. just ordered 4, used my discount cc in addition. final cost delivered to my shop, $23.22 each. gotta love black friday AND discount tire. in my experience no other tire dealer even comes close. i might have been able to save an additional $20.00 with the amazon price match thing or they might have sold out.
              gfperry

Comment

be careful at Pep Boyz they used to sell cheap tires but that's what you got CHEEEEP TIRES. Most of the time buy name brand tires from their dealers so you have some one you can go to if you have a problem.

Comment

I've found that Pep Boys has been a good place to buy tires...I don't have anything else done by them but they've been great for rubber. Their old "Cornell" line of tires is crap...tires you buy when you need good rubber to sell a car with and little more. Their "Definity" line is made by Cooper and equivalent in every way...just a slightly modified tread pattern. That's what I had put on my daughter's car...she lives out of state and I wanted something she can take the car to if there's any tire issues and there's a Pep Boys near her.

$329 for a set of quality tires, mounted and balanced wasn't a bad deal since Pep Boys was running tires at 50% off a set of four. It was good timing...daughter home for Thanksgiving when they run the sale. She just bought the car and the tires passed inspection but not by much...I didn't want her driving on them in New England winters where she lives.
                  Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

The Optimo's were delivered by UPS yesterday evening (Tuesday), now that's fast service, as they were only ordered on Sunday!

They look real good to me, lots of tread depth and tall and narrow similar to the original tires (Yes I know 195/75 R15's are even closer, but the only ones I found were Continentals at $231 each.)

The only disappointment two of the valve stems (nice metal stems) were missing, so now I'll have to call to see if they can send two more (looked at filing a claim with UPS, but what a PIA).

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1077.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	1717409

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1078.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	1717410
                    Last edited by dpson; 11-29-2017, 05:23 AM.
                    Dan Peterson
                    Montpelier, VT

Comment

Dan

Looks like a great buy on tires. As far as the valve stems, just have them send a couple more. I've dealt with UPS on a couple of claims and while I've been successful it took a lot of time and I've never recovered the total costs.

They have successfully set up a claims system that will test the patience of Budda.

Bob

Comment

Bob,

I just got off the phone with Discount Tire and they are sending two news valve stems out today, no problem.

Excellent customer service!
                        Dan Peterson
                        Montpelier, VT

Comment

I just had a very nice conversation with Discount. (from a Canadian perspective). I asked for a Canadian delivered price for the Hancook Optimo H724 white wall tires, 205 75 15's for $ 56.97. They are still available and at the same price until the end of today for you, you lucky US customers.

For Canadians, it is $391.48 in US funds. This includes duty, Canadian taxes, shipping (not free to Canada), brokerage, and Ontario tire disposal fee. At a current US to Canadian exchange rate of .78, that is $501.90!!! Apparently, I would be eligible for the $75 US rebate, so that would reduce the price to about $400 Canadian.

Comment

I have never had a problem finding decent 205(215)/75R15 tires in Canada for around $100CND. I even got a pair of 205/75R15 Ipike ice radials for $120ea, all in, just to allow me to get the Avanti in and out of my garage in the winter. For some reason we don't get the deep discounts you get south of the border but spread the difference out over 10 years and it hardly matters...

Comment

Hi, Gang. Is the whitewall width on the Hancook tires 1/2"?

Also, would someone who is already using these tires on their Stude, please post a "ride" report? I'm wondering how they handle, AND if they are quiet or noisy going down the road. I've seen a few reviews online, where the users are of the opinion that this tire is a little noisy. Thanks. John
                              Last edited by Jolly-John; 11-30-2017, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X