Hawk and other updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawk and other updates

Josie the Hawk is finally in the frame shop to get straightened.

I got a 100% on the written exam for Non-Structional Auto Body III last Monday night. Next quarter I'm taking Refinishing II. In the quarters after that I hope to take Non-Struct IV, V, and VI where the fun starts because students can start brining in their own stuff, like Studey fenders, etc. Also things start thawing out then and I can start seriously getting back to the Hawk and the others.
    1963 Champ "Stu Bludebaker"- sometimes driver
    1957 Silver Hawk "Josie"- picking up the pieces after an unreliable body man let it rot for 11 years from an almost driver to a basket case
    1951 Land Cruiser "Bunnie Ketcher" only 47M miles!
    1951 Commander Starlight "Dale"- basket case
    1947 Champion "Sally"- basket case
    1941 Commander Land Cruiser "Ursula"- basket case

Where are you going to school to have courses options like that.?
    Wayne
    "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic

Comment

Metro Community College in Omaha. Although this is their campus northwest of the Irvington part of town. I hate the commute up I-80 and 680. At least that exit to there also has Hobbytown, TSC, and Walmart.
      1957 Silver Hawk "Josie"- picking up the pieces after an unreliable body man let it rot for 11 years from an almost driver to a basket case

Comment

Dang. I wish our local community college offered classes like that.
        Wayne
        "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic

Comment

I guess I'm semi-lucky that both Iowa Western Community College and MCC both have an auto body program. I'm actually an alumni of the IWCC Electronics program but went to MCC because it's cheaper. How CASO is that? Not so lucky is that IWCC is a mile or two out from the corner of Council Bluffs that's the farthest from me and MCC is a mile or two out from the corner of Omaha (technically Irvington) that's farthest from me. The umpteen mile commute on rush hour I-80 to either place is no fun. My classes for the winter quarter start tonight.

Comment

Working...
          X