PDA

View Full Version : Need help with what's it worth??

TXCR13
11-20-2017, 10:51 PM
I came across a few Studebaker parts I need some help with figuring out a reasonable price or price range they should sell for:

1. A pair of bumper ends for a 1941 Studebaker Champion. Some rust, no dents at all. Not quite driver quality, will need re-chrome.

2. Front grill guard (not sure this is the right name) for 1941 Champion. Two long, shallow v-shaped horizontal bars and two tall vertical "bumper guards" with slots the bars fit into. Not driver quality, all pieces need re-chrome, but are very straight and no bad pitting. Includes bars which clamp the guards to the bumper.

3. Same as above, except for the rear bumper. Same condition.

Haven't seen any of these items for sale before, so any help appreciated.

Studebaker Wheel
11-21-2017, 02:50 PM
Send pictures to me. I can probably i.d. them. Problem is the 1940 and '41 Champions have similar bumpers and those guards while looking identical may not fit the bumper contour correctly if they are not the right year. If you say they are '41 and they came off a '41 that would solve that. See image below for the various combinations. Which is the ones you have?

TXCR13
11-21-2017, 09:12 PM
Thank you, sir.
The two sets I have are both the Dual Vertical Grille and Trunk guards.
Looks like they fit both '40 and '41 Champions.

Appreciate the help, and the illustration. Any ballpark info on their value will be appreciated.
I am guessing these guards are somewhat rare?

Studebaker Wheel
11-21-2017, 09:58 PM
You may have misunderstood. My post stated that they do NOT fit both years since the curvature of the bumper on the '40 ad '41 is NOT the same. They may physically bolt up but the inside arc on the uprights will not be the same so they would not fit the contour correctly. The only way one would know is to find a bumper and try them on. Since I have both a '40 and '41 I might be interested but would need some pictures.
My email rtq11@aol.com

61LaRk4dr
11-21-2017, 10:29 PM
I came across a few Studebaker parts I need some help with figuring out a reasonable price or price range they should sell for:

1. A pair of bumper ends for a 1941 Studebaker Champion. Some rust, no dents at all. Not quite driver quality, will need re-chrome.

2. Front grill guard (not sure this is the right name) for 1941 Champion. Two long, shallow v-shaped horizontal bars and two tall vertical "bumper guards" with slots the bars fit into. Not driver quality, all pieces need re-chrome, but are very straight and no bad pitting. Includes bars which clamp the guards to the bumper.

3. Same as above, except for the rear bumper. Same condition.

Haven't seen any of these items for sale before, so any help appreciated.

PM sent. I would be interested in the wing guards. and bumper guards.

TXCR13
11-21-2017, 11:08 PM
PM sent. I would be interested in the wing guards. and bumper guards.

PM sent, thanks.