PDA

View Full Version : SI has been sold!

raoul5788
11-20-2017, 09:14 AM
Ed just posted on Facebook that he has sold SI to Jim and Corey Lime!

studejohn
11-20-2017, 09:38 AM
Oh wow they must have deep pockets. Good for Ed the hobby is changing rapidly .

HAWK64
11-20-2017, 10:55 AM
Ed has helped Studebaker & Avanti owners all over the world for many years. A big thanks from all of us.

brngarage
11-20-2017, 11:17 AM
THANK YOU ED!!
Welcome to Jim and Corey, I've always enjoyed dealing with you both.

dpson
11-20-2017, 11:23 AM
Yes a big thanks to Ed for all he has done, especially saving the parts inventory in South Bend when the old SASCO building was about to be torn down.

BTW: does anyone know the Limes, the name is not familiar to me.

DEEPNHOCK
11-20-2017, 11:45 AM
Time is something we all have only so much of.
It's not how long you are here... It's what you did with your time here that counts.

studegary
11-20-2017, 11:57 AM
Thanks to Ed for what he has done for Studebakers and SDC (Ed was President for two periods during two different decades) over the years.
Perhaps he will be able to enjoy a well deserved retirement.

DEEPNHOCK
11-20-2017, 12:13 PM
One important question.....

Where will the chili supper be in South Bend next May? :rolleyes:

fpstude
11-20-2017, 12:15 PM
This is a surprise. Good for Ed. I've always enjoyed working with SI, (Even when Ed was still in Long Beach.)

Stu Chapman
11-20-2017, 12:39 PM
There is no doubt that Ed Reynolds deserves credit for the essential service he has provided to SDC and the Studebaker fraternity over the years. Enjoy your retirement Ed.

Stu Chapman

jts359
11-20-2017, 01:06 PM
Since I retired last Jan people ask me how I like it , And my response is the same "I recommend it to everyone ", Ed enjoy yourself and have fun , Now I have to get back to work on Jims truck , Ed

jts359
11-20-2017, 01:16 PM
Jim and Corey work for Ed , Ed

StudeRich
11-20-2017, 02:06 PM
WOW, that's HUGE News, this string should be called "Breaking News! :ohmy:

I guess in due time, we will find out a few details like; will the Parts stay at "The Farm".

Chris_Dresbach
11-20-2017, 02:20 PM
Enjoy your retirement, Ed. And thanks for all the years you gave me a job.

55coupe
11-20-2017, 03:01 PM
A Big Thank You from the west coast.

GrumpyOne
11-20-2017, 03:48 PM
It's not how long you are here... It's what you did with your time here that counts.

Ain't that the truth. It's easy to reflect on some of the stupid mistakes made like junking a perfectly restorable '57 Golden Hawk, Selling an original 1950 Harley Davidson for $125 back in '66 and a few more.

Sigh…

Buzzard
11-20-2017, 04:37 PM
A big "thanks Ed !" from British Columbia. I don't know how I would have accomplished my '57 Clipper Wagon restoration in Arizona (to the stage I'm at) without your parts stash and assistance from your great staff.
You have truly earned your retirement and I think it's great news that staff are the new owners. Enjoy!!!
Bill

Lark Parker
11-20-2017, 06:20 PM

I wish you would have told me sooner.

raprice
11-20-2017, 06:22 PM
Wow, what a surprise!!! It's always been a pleasure to deal with Ed and SI. All the best wishes to Ed and the new owners, Jim and Corey. I look forward to continued dealing with SI. And, to Ed, a very well deserved retirement. You finally came to the conclusion that work is over rated.
Rog

11-20-2017, 06:52 PM
We've been spoiled over the years by having a connection to the original factory stash, and by having guys who tried their best to keep things going as best they could. Best wishes to the new guys. Thanks to Ed Reynolds and those who came before him.

JRoberts
11-20-2017, 07:51 PM
This is a surprise. Like so many have already said, thanks to Ed for keeping us supplied with the parts we need for our hobby. I also wish him a great retirement. Also welcome to the new owners.

53commander
11-20-2017, 09:08 PM
Sometimes I read the SI catalog like a book simply because it's enjoyable. Thanks Ed for providing a great service and I look forward to future dealings with the new owners.

Milaca
11-20-2017, 09:48 PM
I wish success to Jim and Corey and I hope they can keep things going for many many years. Also, good luck to Ed in whatever his next adventure is....hopefully it involves Studebakers!

rusty65
11-20-2017, 10:12 PM
Sometimes I read the SI catalog like a book simply because it's enjoyable. Thanks Ed for providing a great service and I look forward to future dealings with the new owners.

..............................X 2!!!

old fart
11-21-2017, 12:09 PM
Ed was at times hard to deal with price wise so I dearly hope that Jim and Corey are consistent in their dealings . Ed enjoy your future retirement .

Commander Eddie
11-21-2017, 12:29 PM
I'll chime in here. From the first time I placed an order to the last, I always got treated well on the phone, my questions were answered, I never felt like I was bothering them with my dumb questions, they usually had just what I needed, they shipped fast, and never hesitated to take back a part I ordered by mistake. Ed was often the person I would exchange e-mails with and he even sent me extra copies of their calendar one year when my car was included in it.
I fully expect the new owners will continue this tradition of exemplary customer service.
Enjoy your retirement, Ed. I'm not far behind you.

Bill Pressler
11-21-2017, 12:55 PM
Congratulations Ed, and Jim and Corey, too.

Ed, with more time, I sure hope to see your '63 Cruiser Skytop with broadcloth interior out and about!!!

ndynis
11-21-2017, 03:02 PM
What a shock! Many thanks to Ed and all the fine folks that have worked at SI. I have nothing but good things to say aobut my dealings with them.
Congratulations to the new owners and I look forward to dealing with them. I have an order in process right now.
Nick

57studesilverhawk
11-21-2017, 03:24 PM
This is a surprise. Like so many have already said, thanks to Ed for keeping us supplied with the parts we need for our hobby. I also wish him a great retirement. Also welcome to the new owners.

How very true its sad to see Ed retiring but I'm glad its still in good hands so our hobby can still be "workable", Ed we all wish you the best , now you can start to do what we have been doing. Enjoy the Studebaker hobby. My 57 would not still be on the road if we did not have Studebaker Int. this has been a fantastic club that I did not anything about when I found my 57 Silver Hawk in the junk yard many years ago and started to fix and restore it.

1954khardtop
11-21-2017, 03:50 PM
Good luck Ed, was a pleasure doing business with you. I'm sure you're leaving the place in good hands.

63t-cab
11-21-2017, 05:57 PM
When will this actually take place,maybe the new year ?

raoul5788
11-21-2017, 06:08 PM
When will this actually take place,maybe the new year ?

January 1st 2018

jts359
11-21-2017, 07:49 PM
Did Ed officially announce his retirement ? Maybe we are all assuming he is retiring , I did hear of a warehouse full of Desoto parts in Fabens Texas

studefan
11-21-2017, 09:24 PM
Ed and Heidi,

Thanks for everything. Hopefully we will see you both at future events. Jeff

GTCruiser
11-23-2017, 09:36 AM
Thanks to Ed and the wonderful staff of SI. Always a positive experienced dealing with SI.

63avanti.
11-23-2017, 03:10 PM
I've always dealt with Jim via email on all my parts and service is always top notch. Also dealt with Corey in person at the recent international meet. He was very knowledgeable and helped me find everything I was looking for.

Best of luck to them Both. I'm sure they will do a great job.

Bob Bryant
11-23-2017, 06:38 PM
Many years ago Carol and I visited Packard Farms. Years later it became SI. I later bought parts from SASCO which also became part of SI. SI always provided great service and I wish Ed the very best in any future activities.

rkapteyn
11-23-2017, 07:27 PM
Thanks Ed!
I hope that you and Heidi will have a great retirement.
Thanks for all the good transactions over the last 40 years.
Glad to hear that Jim and Corey are taking over.
We will be dealing with friendly and knowledgable people.
Robert Kapteyn

StudeDave57
11-30-2017, 02:17 AM
Here is the text as posted in the "Studebaker Addicts (international)" group on Facebook ~

Studebaker International has been sold.
Beginning January 1, 2018 the business will be owned by Jim Lime and Corey Lime. Many have dealt with Jim and Corey over the years when placing orders for parts. Both men have been involved in all facets of the business and I suspect there will be few noticeable changes when they take over.
Although I will no longer directly be involved with the business, I will continue to make additional reproduction parts which S.I. will market. I will also spend time working on my own cars and hopefully complete some long overdue projects.
I started in the Studebaker parts business making Stratovue Mirrors and working out of my garage in Claremont, California. As the inventory increased, I opened “Studebaker of California” in Long Beach, CA which continued for 13 years. For the past 18 years I’ve owned Studebaker International in Greenfield, adding the South Bend, Indiana inventory in 2009. This business has continued to grow over the years as new parts inventories have been purchased and new parts made. I don’t believe that many realize just how many new parts we’re having made.
Since the purchase of the South Bend Inventory, much energy has been devoted to organizing these parts and making them available. This process continues.
The business has allowed me to come in contact with and make a lot of friends. Many have been very supportive over the years and are very much appreciated. I have also been fortunate to have a staff of very fine employees. They will continue, along with Jim and Corey, to provide needed parts for your Studebakers.

As most here have said-- thank you Ed for providing the service that you have for so many years.

Thanks also for providing my Father with a job at SoC when he needed one to help pay the bills.
Thanks once more for stepping up and finding a way to save the South Bend stash that changed hands a few too many times and now-- some 50 some odd years later-- is FINALLY being inventoried in proper fashion!!!!! It should'a happened a long time ago.
Kudos, Bravo Zulo, and thanks again for all you have done in support of our hobby.

...:cheers:..:cheers:..:cheers:...:!:

58 Hawk
11-30-2017, 07:23 AM
Ed , this news is certainly BREAKING NEWS and what a shock. I do wish you the very best in your retirement and THANK YOU for all your service to Studebaker owners. You have been an outstanding source of parts for our cars and your vision to reproduce much needed parts.
Now its time to restore your beautiful 57 Golden Hawk and enjoy your red 53 convertible. I look forward to seeing you active at future SDC events.
Its been great knowing you over the many years.
Joe Parsons

DEEPNHOCK
11-30-2017, 07:38 AM
Retirement for a business owner is never easy.
Think about that.
(swag because one usually never knows the details of a private business sale)

A man owns a business he has grown and invested in for decades.
No shining knight at the door with a juicy check (which would cause a huge tax issue).
Estate planning says that the death tax will riddle the estate if it was just a will.
What to do?
Sell it to your employees as a leveraged management buyout.
Step out of mainstream everyday management.
Be retained on salary as a consultant. Be paid a sliding scale for the company over time.
Have a good contract, and a good insurance policy...
Enjoy life.....

This can happen in America... (if we strive to protect our way of life)

8E45E
11-30-2017, 08:33 AM
What to do?
Be retained on salary as a consultant. Be paid a sliding scale for the company over time.
Enjoy life.

He did state he's still going to reproduce parts for SI to sell.

It will be nice for him to 'step back' and let others deal with the day-to-day frustrations of running what is essentially a mail-order business.

Craig

sweetolbob
11-30-2017, 09:15 AM
Opened the last SI catalog I have yesterday (2014 I think) and noticed the pictures of Jim and Corey on the back page. I recall them from previous visits but better yet, it looks like SI will be in good hands for a lot of years to come. Corey looks younger than a couple of my grandkids.

Congrats and thanks Ed for establishing SI and the Lime's for the continued availability of it's product base.

Bob

BobPalma
11-30-2017, 09:34 AM
Retirement for a business owner is never easy.
Think about that.
(swag because one usually never knows the details of a private business sale)

A man owns a business he has grown and invested in for decades.
No shining knight at the door with a juicy check (which would cause a huge tax issue).
Estate planning says that the death tax will riddle the estate if it was just a will.
What to do?
Enjoy life.....

This can happen in America... (if we strive to protect our way of life)

:!: Well-stated, Jeffster; well-stated indeed. ;) :cool: BP

Chris_Dresbach
11-30-2017, 10:00 AM
Opened the last SI catalog I have yesterday (2014 I think) and noticed the pictures of Jim and Corey on the back page. I recall them from previous visits but better yet, it looks like SI will be in good hands for a lot of years to come. Corey looks younger than a couple of my grandkids.

Congrats and thanks Ed for establishing SI and the Lime's for the continued availability of it's product base.

Bob

I think thay Corey is roughly my age (23). I've met him a few times working with him during May meets. He seems like a good guy. I don't know how much he actually knows about part interchangability, the South Bend inventory, or Studebaker history, but he seems eager to learn and I think will do well keeping SI going along with his dad.