Stude & Packard Prototypes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stude & Packard Prototypes

I'm sure these have been seen previously, but I had never seen the Studebakers and I thought them pretty interesting. In fact, the rest of the website is pretty interesting, (not in English). They've cataloged some real unusual prototype cars, stuff..

'55 Packard WOERDENBAG sports car? That's the title for this one!

Website is here. Click on "Curiosidades", the last catagory in the main menu, on the left side of the page.... http://www.carroantigo.com/portugues/indice_ccal.htm

I tried to post a link to the their sales figures for cars from 1900 up, but it wouldn't work. Look for the figures in the "Curiosidades" section. Pretty interesting sales figures, many more cars than I thought. I think this was for Brazil only...

Sonny
    http://RacingStudebakers.com
    Sonny
    http://RacingStudebakers.com

Well,

The first one is the prototype that was built by Porsche and intended to be badged as a Studebaker. It and a second (somewhat different) example got to spend time on the South Bend test track before the project was shelved.

The second one is Bourke's personal mount, I believe.

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Well,

The first one is the prototype that was built by Porsche and intended to be badged as a Studebaker. It and a second (somewhat different) example got to spend time on the South Bend test track before the project was shelved.

The second one is Bourke's personal mount, I believe.

Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Yes, Bob K., the second one is Bob Bourke's personal car. It is a 1954 Commander Starliner that Bob Bourke bought new and modified with items that he wanted. Bob Bourke kept that car until he died and the car is now in the SNM.

Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Yes, Bob K., the second one is Bob Bourke's personal car. It is a 1954 Commander Starliner that Bob Bourke bought new and modified with items that he wanted. Bob Bourke kept that car until he died and the car is now in the SNM.

Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Working...
          X