Noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noise

Was just driving the Lark home from the alignment shop ,and I was in a little stop and go traffic when suddenly the woman in the POS honda next to me started honking her horn and yelling at me ....Turns out she thought my little pink lark was WAY TOO LOUD and she couldn't Talk on her cell phone while driving!So then of course I had to . show her that Idle wasn't all that loud

That's pretty comical! Maybe at higher RPMs it would be loud enough to make her hang up and drive. I'm sure she had a good story to tell her friends about the loud old car she saw on her drive.
    Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

Good one Colin, to bad You couldn't have layed some rubber as well. then maybe her sense of smell woulda kicked in also
      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

That's funny! I had a woman next to me in a parking lot get shocked when I climbed in my Lark and started it. She exclaimed: "I didn't expect that car to sound like THAT!" I guess she thought it was going to purr like a kitten..........
        Dis-Use on a Car is Worse Than Mis-Use...
        1959 Studebaker Lark VIII 2DHTP

Comment

All Lark VI's have 4 Cyl. Engines don't they?

StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I'll have to admit it's a little loud with 3" exhaust and 2 chamber flow masters.. But this thing is more fun than a barrel of monkey's ! At 2900 lbs and a stout small block and 4spd it jumps around and pulls like a stripped ass ape The best part is most people have no idea what the little pink monster is!

Comment

And my bet she was driving one of those electric cars that you can’t hear coming or going!

Mark

Comment

If the crazies had their way we would all have to turn our cars in to be melted.

Comment

Only thing funnier would have been when she called the Po Po and ended up getting a ticket herself for being on the Phone!

Comment

Working...
                  X