Largest tires for A 57 GH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Largest tires for A 57 GH

I'm trying to put the largest and widest tires on a 57 GH.... I've got 15x7 rims and want the widest white wall tires available also....any help would be appreciated!!....Thanks

I had 245/50/16s on my GT. Smaller diameter than stock, but much wider. Handled great but it was hard to steer and park with quick steering arms in spite of power steering. Biggest issue I had was some slight wheel well rub on right rear lip on hard right cornering. Hawks have the drive train shifted slightly off center to the right, so watch clearance on that side. I recently switched to 225/65/16 Toyo U900 Z tires and I'm really liking them.

Comment

On my '63 GT I also have 15 x 7 rims with 235/70R15. A very slight bit of fender lip massaging as mentioned in post#2 and you are good to go. They really fill the fenders, look good and handle great.
      Bill

Comment

Originally posted by vmania View Post
        I'm trying to put the largest and widest tires on a 57 GH.... I've got 15x7 rims and want the widest white wall tires available also....any help would be appreciated!!....Thanks
        265-75R 15 on 8" wheels. But you have to weld the wheel centers into the wheel outters to get the backspacing just right so as to not have any tire rub.
        Jerry Forrester
        Forrester's Chrome
        Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

If you want white walls, you'll need to buy them from Diamondback Classics.

Diamond Back Classic Tires is an online tire shop that creates custom tires for classic cars. Diamond Back creates white wall tires, redline tires, blueline tires, goldline tires and other vintage tires for pre-1976 vehicles including Corvettes, Mustangs, prewar cars, postwar cars, European cars and more.
          Jerry Forrester
          Forrester's Chrome
          Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Working...
          X