1955 Studebaker Speedster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1955 Studebaker Speedster

Does any one know the story behind this car. It is located in Northern Ca. Please look at this. https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto...367050892.html

Yep, I recognize that one because I called to inquire about it a few days ago. The owner lives in Nigeria, and I am just waiting on him to get back to me. I am supposed to send him a money order, then he will tell his friend to ship me the car from California. If I act quickly, and send the money order right away, he is going to include free shipping!

Comment

That engine does not look like it was rebuilt by anyone for a long time.
      Factor in what a correct leather interior will cost.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
        That engine does not look like it was rebuilt by anyone for a long time.
        Factor in what a correct leather interior will cost.
        That interior would work just fine for me. I would never remove perfectly good interior just to install the "correct" stuff. I'd keep it as is, and just enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
          That interior would work just fine for me. I would never remove perfectly good interior just to install the "correct" stuff. I'd keep it as is, and just enjoy it.
          That is fine and it would probably do for me - I may even prefer it. My point is that the price of the car should be adjusted based on the cost of the missing leather interior.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Seriously Joe?

Comment

NIGERIA? Heads up!...

Comment

Originally posted by tim333 View Post
                Seriously Joe?
                Someone spent lots of time, love and money restoring that car, and I can appreciate everything he/she did. You could spend the next ten years taking that car to car shows and cruise ins all over America, and receive nothing but oohs and aahs. But if you get within 25 miles of a SDC meet, you'd hear lots of helpful pointers about how, "wrong" or, "incorrect" this or that is. The museum has enough, "correct" ones, and SDC meets probably account for less than .0001 percent of car shows and cruise ins across America. So of course I am serious.

Comment

Tim,
                  Oops, I just figured out you are probably referring to my first post. LOL

Comment

Joe, really, Nigeria!!!! Please forget about it and don't send a dime!!!

Comment

The old send a money order for more than the item cost and we'll send you the difference back scam

Comment

I know the car and the owner in the past, his name is Ed. he got into Studebaker's a few years ago and bought a lot of items from me, he also used Studebaker's West for some services the car started out as a president hardtop and he turned it into a speedster but never could find the right tags. he had a V-8 powered flight hawk for sale a few years ago and it was a nice car and I think it did sell, he wanted me to try and sell the 55 but wanted to pass if off as a speedster, it has been for sale over the past 5 years starting at about 25K and now he might just be trying to move it at any cost, I have not heard from him for about 2 years so Nigeria??? he is the type of guy that just be there for any number of reasons......
                        Candbstudebakers
                        Castro Valley,
                        California

Comment

Hey folks. The Nigerian post was a joke. Hard to believe so many here took it serious.

Comment

I hope not.
                            I send $8000.00 cash to Nigeria.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
                              Hey folks. The Nigerian post was a joke. Hard to believe so many here took it serious.
                              Joe, if you have done enough deals on Craigslist, you will definitely run across scammers. There are MANY scams on craigslist, so comments like that will be taken seriously by those with negative experiences.

Comment

Working...
                              X