Anyone know this Avanti?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know this Avanti?

I have been going through a bunch of stuff I squirreled away years ago. In a bunch of paper I was tossing out I found this Avanti Production Order. I vaguely remember ordering it from Nostalgic for my '63 back in '92. I had transposed the serial numbers and got this order rather than the one I wanted. I have checked the AOAI Roster list of cars, but it has never appeared. Any chance a non-AOAI owner has the car? Anyone collect production orders?
    Attached Files
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Paul, Hard to read the number with these old eyes but Google the number plus the word Avanti and you'll most likely find some data. If it's 2701, there's info on Bob's website. Bob

Comment

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
      Paul, Hard to read the number with these old eyes but Google the number plus the word Avanti and you'll most likely find some data. If it's 2701, there's info on Bob's website. Bob
      Yep.

Comment

That is it alright, around the Body Tag you can see some of the Original Avanti Red.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by 53k View Post
          I have been going through a bunch of stuff I squirreled away years ago. In a bunch of paper I was tossing out I found this Avanti Production Order. I vaguely remember ordering it from Nostalgic for my '63 back in '92. I had transposed the serial numbers and got this order rather than the one I wanted. I have checked the AOAI Roster list of cars, but it has never appeared. Any chance a non-AOAI owner has the car? Anyone collect production orders?
          When going through your stuff if you have anything Avanti related you no longer want to keep, the AOAI Memborbilia Committee would be glad to have it as part of their collection
          Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
          1961 Hawk 4-speed
          1967 Avanti
          1961 Lark 2 door
          1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
            I'm sorry about the small picture. I scanned the actual order at its full size and filed it as a jpeg. I couldn't figure out any way to enlarge it. Maybe I should have photographed it instead.
            Yes, it was 2701. Somewhere along the line it changed color inside and out and lost its AC.
            '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Originally posted by unclemiltie View Post
              When going through your stuff if you have anything Avanti related you no longer want to keep, the AOAI Memborbilia Committee would be glad to have it as part of their collection
              I probably do have stuff that would be of interest. I bought my first Avanti in 1969 and have owned about a dozen over the years. Being a real pack rat I'm sure I have a bunch of items. Problem is, it will take me a while to uncover everything (but I will look and let you know if I find something of interest).

Comment

Interesting My 2274 build sheet also says "tested on rolls" I have an idea , But what do they mean by that ? Ed

Comment

Working...
                X