New car has Hill Holder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New car has Hill Holder.

I recall some time ago someone advertising that they offered a Hill Holder-like function; I think perhaps it was Subaru, but I'm not sure now.

I have wondered what other cars might have had such during the years since Studebaker's, it being such a useful "accessory." However, I kinda forgot about it until I just picked up the 2018 below and low-&-behold... ... HILL HOLDER, again! What a PLEASANT surprise!

So, what else has had such??? Just curious. Thanks.
    Attached Files

The new cars that now have it label it 'Hill Start Assist'.

Craig

Comment

My '16 Ford Fiesta has the same feature - considering how there are not many vehicles you can buy today that even offer a standard transmission, the number is not going to be too big.

Comment

You don't need a manual tranny to get it on a Ram Pickup. My Sport 8-speed auto has "Hill Start Assist"
        From the Ram website

hill-start assist helps drivers by maintaining the level of brake pressure applied for a short period of time after a driver’s foot is removed from the brake pedal. If throttle is not applied within a short period of time after the driver’s foot is removed from the brake pedal, brake pressure will be released.
        Bob

Comment

My motorcycle has a hill holder. I will have to look at the manual when I get home and see what terminology they use for it. Subaru definately had one and I think Honda has one. Steve
          sigpic

Comment

2011 VW jetta has it

Comment

My 2015 Honda Civic has it.

Comment

Both of my Subie Outbacks have it, although with automatics it doesn't get used much. HH in the Subarus (and probably all of the modern uses of it) are electronically actuated rather than mechanically as in Studes.
                Jim K.
                63 Hawk

Comment

My 2013 Mini has it. I have not investigated, but I think it is electronic because it holds for only a few seconds after releasing the brake.

Comment

Interesting. Thanks, guys; more than I'd have suspected. Yeah, Robert, the Vette works the same as your Mini.

Comment

Working...
                    X