Serial numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serial numbers

I am looking for a place where I can find an interpretation of the serial numbers on my Champ pickup and Cruiser. I am sure I have seen such a site but cannot find it.
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Decoding Serial Numbers

Page VI of the 1959-1964 Body Parts Catalog or Chassis Parts Catalog for the car.

Also page VI for trucks in the 1962-63 Truck Parts Catalog --
    Bill Jackameit
    1964 Challenger Wagonaire
    1964 Daytona Sedan
    Total of 10 Studebakers owned since 1961
    Bill Jackameit's Studebaker Page online since October 1995
    https://billstudepage.homestead.com/files/studpg.htm

sigpic

Comment

I should have given the years on the vehicles in question. The truck is a '61 and the Cruiser is a '65. I'll see if I have either of those books for the two vehicles. Thanks for the help.
      Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
        I am looking for a place where I can find an interpretation of the serial numbers on my Champ pickup and Cruiser. I am sure I have seen such a site but cannot find it.
        All that the Serial Number of a 1965 Cruiser will tell you is if it started life as a six or V8 and where in line of 1965 production it was.
        You would need to get the production order from the SNM to get much more information.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
          All that the Serial Number of a 1965 Cruiser will tell you is if it started life as a six or V8 and where in line of 1965 production it was.
          You would need to get the production order from the SNM to get much more information.
          After I got the Cruiser from my uncle who was the first owner, I tried to get a production order but was told that none existed for my car. Evidently many of the Canadian orders had been lost.
          Joe Roberts
          '61 R1 Champ
          '65 Cruiser

Comment

On the 6E Champ registry, I listed the VIN (SN) range for each of the four models available. Other than that, the only thing the VIN number will do is tell about where in the production run the truck was produced.

If you have a 1961 Champ, half or three-quarter ton (or know of one) - lets see them. Put up all the information you have and include some photos if they are available. Please leave out any personal information - someone can pm you if they want to "talk." Click on the serial number to go to that particular vehicle's

Comment

Working...
            X