Sky Hawk Ratio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Axle: Sky Hawk Ratio

What would have been the STANDARD rear end ratio for a Sky Hawk 289 3 speed with overdrive?

Most likely a 3:73.
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

The 3.73 was standard in later years, but there is strong possibility OD equipped 56 Sky Hawks were 3.92, which was standard in 56Js with OD.

Comment

Shop manual :3.92 with overdrive, 3.31 with automatic and 3.54 with standard for Commander, Powerhawk, Skyhawk,President W, F, D

Comment

Originally posted by acolds View Post
          Shop manual :3.92 with overdrive, 3.31 with automatic and 3.54 with standard for Commander, Powerhawk, Skyhawk,President W, F, D
          No WONDER my 289 w/200-4R gets up and flies. It will "chirp" 2nd gear when I stand on it...

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
            The 3.73 was standard in later years, but there is strong possibility OD equipped 56 Sky Hawks were 3.92, which was standard in 56Js with OD.
            My 259 overdrive equipped 56 Commander wagon has a 3.92.
            RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
            4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
            5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Working...
            X