Tinted glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tinted glass

My 53 Commander has green tinted glass. I needed the pass side window and vent replaced since they were cracked. The new glass seems much clearer. The company says that the green in my windows got darker over time. Does that sound correct? The glass seems very clear with a darker green edge. It is not close to matching the original. Do they make a glass that matches? If so what is it called? I will have these remade at a different location.
    Jim
    51 Studebaker Starlight State Commander Coupe
    53 Studebaker Starlight Regal Commander Coupe
    62 Volvo PV544 Sport

The Original Glass MAY have gotten SLIGHTLY darker over time, but there is no question the Chinese replacements are much lighter than the Originals ever were.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

If anything I think the tint fades slightly over the decades. Do you know if your car was garaged most of it's life?
      There is a 64-66 original owner Dodge Dart locally that has apparently always been garaged. I cannot believe how the glass is still so nicely tinted green. It's almost stunning when I see it driving down the road.

Going forward, you want to lay your original and their sample next to each other on a white sheet of paper in good light.
      KURTRUK
      (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Working...
      X