Fan blade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan blade

I've just been told that there were problems with fan blades on some Studies. Does anyone know about this? I'm looking for a replacement and I don't want to get another if it's going to be a problem as well.
    peter lee

Why do you have two posts for the same issue? You can only get help if you read the responses people give you.
    Last edited by tim333; 10-17-2017, 08:30 AM.

Comment

I'll just leave this here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...3195-Fan-blade

Comment

Joe your link leads back to the other thread from the same OP.

Comment

As our cars get older, the risk of fan blade failure increases. Just ask the Model T guys (I have a 1926 fan blade that is cracked 3/4 of it's width hanging on the wall now). Stress cracks form at a rivet and over time it works it's way across the blade. If your lucky, you catch it in time....if not a nice dent in the hood or fenderwell results....or even worse, an injury if your working under the hood.
          Mike Sal

Comment

Originally posted by tim333 View Post
            Why do you have two posts for the same issue? You can only get help if you read the responses people give you.
            I do read the responses. I should remove one.
            peter lee

Comment

Someone has a fan blade for a '61-66. Does anyone know if that will work with my car?
              peter lee

Comment

As noted above, there were a number of possible fans for V8 engines, depending on whether the car had a viscous coupling, air conditioning, etc. I have a used 4-blade fan (presumably 1556168) from a 64 289. This is the standard unit, used without any extras. You can have it for the postage. That said, if Bob Kapteyn has a new one that would fit, that would be a better choice.
                Skip Lackie

Comment

He doesn't - he has THREE posts on the same subject.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I'd delete one but don't know how.
                    peter lee

Comment

Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
                      As noted above, there were a number of possible fans for V8 engines, depending on whether the car had a viscous coupling, air conditioning, etc. I have a used 4-blade fan (presumably 1556168) from a 64 289. This is the standard unit, used without any extras. You can have it for the postage. That said, if Bob Kapteyn has a new one that would fit, that would be a better choice.
                      Info on how to reach Bob, please.
                      peter lee

Comment

Contact Bob: Studebaker@mac.com

Comment

Working...
                        X