bumper swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bumper swap

do you think the bumper of a 1965 cruiser will fit on a 59 lark ?
    i can buy 2 new bumpers from a cruiser but it would be nice if it fits a lark wagon
    regards

If they clear the fenders, I can't imagine them looking very good, wrapping around the corners like they should not be. I am pretty sure they will fit, but your biggest problem is all the different bolt hole locations, and front to rear are way different. And wagons are special in that they have to have different guards and lic. guards that do not hit the tailgate, so more special holes are required.

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

the front bumper on my '60 Lark was wrong when I bought the car.I think it had a '64 bumper on the front. It fit,but looked funny[didn't match the curve of the fenders where they are shaped to 'receive' the bumper].I bought a nice used correct bumper at the SB swap meet and was happy.

LaSalle,Il
      61Hawk --64 front bumper on 60 Lark:
      Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Come to think of it Sasco had a bunch of 64-65 fronts,nos in 2006..could they still have any? I just realized I don't remember what I did with the '64 bumper I took off-? Studerich,on sedans '59 and '60,the front and rear are the same bumper,but the rear didn't have holes for the license plates[but I don't know about the rear for the wagons.

LaSalle,Il
        61Hawk
        Oglesby,Il.

Comment

52: in talking about front to rear differences, I am not talking about stock '59-'60 bumpers, he needs to know about '65 Cruiser bumpers! And they have those 4 unneeded holes for the Lic. Lt. wire and the guard bolt which are pretty hard to hide and costly to have filled and totally re-chromed.

If you want the best looking front bumper for a '59-'60 you use the '61-'63 without the Daytona/Cruiser corner guard holes, because it has the "dipdown" in the center, to clear the '61 grille, and looks really GREAT on '59-'60 because of the greater grille to bumper clearance, it shows a little more paint in that area. [^]

StudeRich
          Studebakers Northwest
          Ferndale, WA
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
          X