!964 Hawk lost in fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !964 Hawk lost in fire

NEVADA COUNTY — Bob Foster is unhurt after the McCourtney Fire swept through his community early Monday. His home was spared, but one of the structures the fire destroyed was Foster’s w…

I think thats the report my wife saw. Thats a shame.
    sals54

Comment

OUCH...and it started by a transformer exploding. Yikes!

(And the text report says he had a Corver convertible! What an oddity; 'never heard of such a thing. )

The Hawk looked pretty doggone nice, too. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

As much as I enjoy my vehicles...I have encountered enough of "life's events," to realize they are not the "be all to end all." I believe that my living is by the grace of my creator, and all else is secondary.

In his response, whatever his beliefs, I sense that the person seen in this interview is demonstrating he has a firm grasp on reality. Although grieving his loss, is grateful for his surviving, and showing a resolve to recover and move forward. Prayers for him and all others caught up in similar events.
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Bob is a good man and his 64 was a nice car. As these horrendous fires burn all around California I'm afraid we will hear of more classic cars lost , and as much as that is the homes and lives lost is of so much more importance and pain. We can only hope the winds will weaken and all those over worked fire fighters can gain control soon. Before more is lost forever.

Comment

Seems like we loose one or two every fire season.....
            Lou Van Anne
            62 Champ
            64 R2 GT Hawk
            79 Avanti II

Comment

Working...
            X