Back to work....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to work....

I finished repairing the clutch linkage just in time to put the Champ back to work!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Champ at work.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	1755864
    Ron Dame
    '63 Champ

North Carolina is very lucky to be able to see that beautiful "work truck" cruising the highways.
    Perry
    \'50 Business Champion
    \'50 Starlight Champion
    \'60 Lark Convertible,
    \'63 GT R1,
    \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

I dont own a museum, dont want a trailer queen. And it seems to run and ride better when its doing what is was designed to do.
      Ron Dame
      '63 Champ

Comment

I used to load up my old rusty T-cab until the gravel spilled over the sides as the tailgate was long gone. Never had an issue with carrying capacity.

Try that with today's modern trucks!

Comment

Glad you are back on the road, and I am sure there will be many more Studebaker miles to follow. Each Studebaker mile is an adventure

Comment

And now that the driveway has another ton of gravel (well, the truck is a half ton and I respected that in its old age and made 2 trips) I can bring the Avanti down and get it back roadworthy.
            Ron Dame
            '63 Champ

Comment

Originally posted by fpstude View Post
              North Carolina is very lucky to be able to see that beautiful "work truck" cruising the highways.
              Thanks Perry!
              Ron Dame
              '63 Champ

Comment

Ron, I have seen your truck. I really like your truck. Not that I would ever doubt, or be skeptical that you would "stage" a photo...but a short video of that Loader unceremoniously dumping that load will be very convincing!

Here is a few pics of mine...At work The first pic, was taken in the early 1990's when pulling my '48 Coupe about 4 miles to my friend's paint booth.

The second, last year. Hauling a carefully placed bag of cracked corn home for my goats & chickens.

Other than that, no loads heavier than my baby daughter, back when she was my "sidekick," a few stuffed animals, and a few puppies.
                The color in the first pic is more accurate. The second pic got some computer manipulation before it was e mailed to me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1955 Truck.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	1716708 Click image for larger version

Name:	55 at Nell's 2-1.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	1716709
                John Clary
                Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Fair enough John, I didn't think of a video, but that was just before a half ton of gravel hit the rubber mat in the bed. I guess it looks staged, but not so. I do limit it to its GVW, and there is the rubber mat and a hacked Dodge bedliner to protect it from abuse.
                  Ron Dame
                  '63 Champ

Comment

Working...
                  X