PDA

View Full Version : AOAI Memborbilia Committe Always looking for Donations

unclemiltie
10-02-2017, 08:22 AM
I am a member of the AOAI memorabilia Committee. There are 5 of us and we try to meet weekly to catalog and sort through the memorabilia. We collect almost anything Avanti, including both Studebaker and post-Studebaker. We have a lot of magazine articles, brochures, posters, some dealer invoices, etc etc Our goal is to get this all cataloged, scanned, and then eventually to make it available online to all AOAI members. It takes a lot of time to get this done so it will be a while before we get things online. As an example, one former dealer donated 13 boxes of everything he had left for Avanti. Some of the stuff we have is probably the only copy remaining. I never knew there were so many different magazine articles on Avanti and we keep finding more.

One of the members is graceful enough to provide us a location to store this collection. We want to see the history of the Avanti survive forever.

If you would like to donate any memorabilia, we would be glad to accept it. Please send me a PM if you want more information thanks