Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1958 Packard 2-door hardtop available in Chattaroy WA (near Spokane)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1958 Packard 2-door hardtop available in Chattaroy WA (near Spokane)

There's a 1958 Packard 2-door hardtop available in Chattaroy, WA

Mark L

Just up the road from me.

The 675 produced is more than I'd have expected.

jack vines
    PackardV8

Comment

In addition to the 675 Hardtops, there were 1,200 4 door sedans, 159 station wagons and 588 Packard Hawks built in 1958. Whether you like them or not, you will go a long way to see another one at a car cruise or passing you on the highway. Dave
      Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
      Just up the road from me.

The 675 produced is more than I'd have expected.

jack vines

Comment

This one looks to be in very good Condition for a '58, without the Dash Rash, drooping Foam and Vinyl syndrome.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Looks good for 58 appears the dash pad foam and covering have been removed and recovered over fiberglass dash with vinyl and chrome trim added on passenger side . Note no peak over instruments. Under hood looks nice except for heater hose bypassed on generator

Comment

In my view, the '58 Packards were the, "more than met their match," with regard to the outrageous design with double stacked fins, rear lights, terrific dash etc typical of cars produced in the late 1950's. I've always had a soft spot in my heart for them but personally have never come one of 'em "in the flesh."

Very nice survivor...

Comment

Originally posted by acolds View Post
              Looks good for 58 appears the dash pad foam and covering have been removed and recovered over fiberglass dash with vinyl and chrome trim added on passenger side . Note no peak over instruments. Under hood looks nice except for heater hose bypassed on generator
              It also has a "Studebaker" remote type 4 Barrel Air Cleaner, not a Silenced "Packard" one.
              It still looks Great under the hood with a Fresh Engine though!
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by GrumpyOne View Post
                In my view, the '58 Packards were the, "more than met their match," with regard to the outrageous design with double stacked fins, rear lights, terrific dash etc typical of cars produced in the late 1950's. I've always had a soft spot in my heart for them but personally have never come one of 'em "in the flesh."
                When I was in high school, that Packard was still relatively recent. A car guy friend with more enthusiasm than talent loved to draw custom cars. One day, he drew a '58 Packard hardtop. When I asked him why he liked the Packard, he said he'd never seen one; it was his original design. So I'll always see a customized car drawn by a high school junior.

jack vines
                PackardV8

Comment

The car looks nice.
                  I have never seen one without a radio before.
                  The dash pad does not look correct.
                  I owned a red and white one with the optional all vinyl interior for nine years.
                  Last edited by studegary; 10-01-2017, 06:06 PM. Reason: added pad
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Nice looking car. Its a shame the factory did not add another layer to those fins. A triple stack woulda probably sold a lot more cars. As is, the double stack is a bit modest, for the times. Since they had already figured out how to graft a 2nd headlight on, they probably coulda easily added a third headlight, and may have set a new styling trend. Of course, hindsight is always 20/20...

Comment

Looks nice. The air cleaner is the same as the one on my Packard so I think it is correct. I am 99% sure mine was all original when I got it. Too bad about the dash pad but nobody is ever going to make a replacement for such a rare car. 58 Packards are an aquired taste!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffry Cassel View Post
                        The air cleaner is the same as the one on my Packard so I think it is correct.
                        I am 99% sure mine was all original when I got it.
                        Weird. My sedan looks like~

Click image for larger version

Name:	11490019.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	1716725

She's never been messed with.
                        StudeDave '57
                        US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                        SDC Member since 1985

past President
                        Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                        San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                        San Diego Chapter SDC
                        North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

I also owned a 58 H/T with the all vinyl interior,it was red & white top ,sold by Packham motors ln
                          Grimsby,lots of filler but it looked good & drew a lot of comments.sold it to a guy from Ottawa,don't know if it still exists.
                          Another one I should have kept !

Comment

Originally posted by StudeDave57 View Post
                            Weird. My sedan looks like~

[ATTACH=CONFIG]67658[/ATTACH]

She's never been messed with.
                            California had a number of add-on smog devices for years in the 70's. You had to install them on cars from 1955 and newer if you wanted to register them in California.

One was a simple PCV valve, one was a device that did not allow any vacuum advance until the engine heated up, one was called a NOX device. These hoses between the breather and the air cleaner look to be a part of one of these devices.
                            RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                            4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                            5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

StudeDave your air cleaner is the correct one

Comment

Working...
                              X