Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fashion Statement - being casual wearing Studebaker logo clothing

Hey, I dress casual most of the time.
    Since I like to keep the Studebaker name alive and in the public's face, I will wear Studebaker T-shirts purchased from SDC, Cafe Press and other sources whenever possible.

Most of the time I don't get much of a reaction.
    However, my Wife & I just came back from a 15 day Trans-Atlantic Princess Cruise. It was an older audience. I'm guessing the average age was mid-sixties.

I would wear my Studebaker shirts, whenever appropriate.

Well I never had so much fun. Both men & women would come up to me to talk about Studebaker and other old cars. I would always thank them for approaching me.
    I found it a perfect time to discuss SDC, and get them maybe into owning a Studebaker. Since most had not heard of our Club I tried to encourage them to a least google it and see that Studebaker ownership is not as scary as they might think.

So my suggestion, besides the International Drive your Studebaker Day. The rest of the year, wear Studebaker logo ed apparel.
    That DOES keep our Studebaker Brand out in the public's eye.

Keeping Studebaker Alive:

Stude-Preferred
    Atlanta GA

To me, that is akin to "side walk commandos" of Harley lifestyle; those folks wear more Harley garb than actual bikers do, yet often do not even own a motorcycle. Some even get Harley tattoos ! Wearing Studebaker garb is definitely a way to get the word out on the Studebaker DRIVERS Club. But I believe driving our Studes every chance we get, not limiting to one day per year, would be more helpful. JMHO
    Last edited by JoeHall; 09-29-2017, 11:08 AM.

Comment

I wear Studebaker "stuff" when I drive my other collector cars (a 1949 Chevy Fleetline 4 door and a 1969 Pontiac GTO convert). When I drive one of my Studebakers, that speaks for itself (IMHO).
      Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
      '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
      '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
      '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

Drove Studebaker's and wore my Studebaker logo clothing throughout my 30 year employment with Fisher Body/Oldsmobile.
        Never received a negative comment from anyone. Stude was all ready gone when I hired into Olds in Sept. 1968.
        Bought several new Oldsmobile's over the years, including a bright red Vista-Cruiser wagon in '77, at a time when the popular Cutlass line was in 3rd place in national sales. The downsizing of the '78's certainly put the kibosh to that.
        With a 403 engine and full load of power options that big 9 seat wagon still regularly pulled down 18 mpg highway, even at 100 K+ miles. Succeeding owners kept it in tip-top condition and I wouldn't be the least surprised if it still survives.
        Anyhoo, what I never expected, being long accustomed to the Studebaker hobby, was for Oldsmobiles to so thoroughly disappear so quickly. I mean here it is, 51 years since the last Studebaker passenger car rolled off the assembly line, and I can still quite easily locate and purchase almost every essential part required for restoring and maintaining my '62 or '64 Studebaker's, far easier than I could for any '80s or '90s Oldsmobile model.

Heh heh. Just happened to glance down as I finished typing this, and here I sit wearing my
        "GOT TO HAVE IT! STUDEBAKER" t-shirt that I purchased at the 1995 South Bend Spring Swap Meet.
        Last edited by Jessie J.; 09-29-2017, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Good point but it's hard to bring your Studebaker on a cruise ship...
          Randy Ridenour
          Frostburg,MD
          1964 GT Hawk
          sigpic

Comment

I'm gonna order one now to wear at the Ca hot rod reunion

Comment

Working...
            X