York Model Engineering Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• York Model Engineering Show

My friend Howard and I went to this model show. It was fantastic. There were model builders who made engines, power plants, aircraft engines, boats and anything that moved, and almost all of it would run.

I took a video to this model of a flathead Cadillac V8 engine running and put it on YouTube. Here is the link:

I also took pictures of many of the models and put them on Webshots:

The only thing close to Studebaker content was a vendor selling South Bend Lathe literature.

These working models are built from scratch and are unbelievably well crafted. Most of the gasoline engines are OHV spark ignition, including the 18 cylinder radial aircraft engine with complete dual redundant ignition and 2 spark plugs per cylinder.

Leonard Shepherd

Those are some very interesting models.
    The radial engines remind me of the type used and built by Studebaker for the B 17s.
    Thank you for posting them.

Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO
    President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
    Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

Comment

Those are some very interesting models.
      The radial engines remind me of the type used and built by Studebaker for the B 17s.
      Thank you for posting them.

Gary Sanders
      Nixa, MO
      President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
      Gary Sanders
      Nixa, MO

Comment

Well that's cool! That thing sounds pretty good. [8D]

Matthew Burnette
        '59 Scotsman
        '63 Daytona
        Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Well that's cool! That thing sounds pretty good. [8D]

Matthew Burnette
          '59 Scotsman