PDA

View Full Version : Dunkirk

Madd Doodler
09-23-2017, 06:15 AM
Friday was a great day for an All Studebaker Swap Meet... and it's still going on today.
36 vendors with everything from NOS parts, chrome, mechanical parts, sheet metal, toys, literature, memorabilia, clothing, exhaust and SO much more...
There are quite a few cars for sale too!
The show runs today til 2 PM so come on down (or up, or over... )

2R5
09-23-2017, 02:56 PM
Steve , great job , my hat is off to you ..... we had to leave this morning to make a family funeral this afternoon but we had a great time Thursday and Friday at the meet and around Dunkirk with this perfect weather ..... great job !

STEWDI
09-23-2017, 05:44 PM
l want to add my thanks, Steve. We attended the meet on Friday and l got a goodly number of the things l was looking for - and things that l didn't expect to see but grabbed also. l picked up a pre-arranged order from Ed at the Studebaker International tables and quite a few others did the same. Saw and talked to lots of Stude buddies and had a great time. The timing is great, too! Sure beats doing this in the snow!!

See you next year!

Roly Lusted
09-24-2017, 11:26 AM
Steve, many thanks to you and to all of your volunteers who did a wonderful job. There were lots of parts both inside and out. Great idea to be able to pick up our Studebaker International orders too!!. Lots of great food at the fairgrounds too!!The fairgrounds is easy to get to. The weatherman sure did cooperate. And we made it to Aunt Millies for breakfast and supper on friday. All in all a great day. Many thanks. Roly Lusted, president Hamilton Chapter SDC

2moredoors
09-24-2017, 02:56 PM
I will thank you again on this post. It was great to attend a Studebaker event at the end of the season to pick up the parts that I broke during the season. I second what Roly said about picking up orders from SI. You did a good job of having Ed Reynolds attend the show. Next year I am sure that lots more vendors will want to attend.

I say again GREAT JOB.

Kato
09-24-2017, 08:57 PM
Let me add my thanks for arranging such a good swap meet. I was able to get my SI parts and some other good finds and gleaned a wealth of information. I sure hope you can keep this going and build upon the success.

LarkTruck
09-25-2017, 07:12 AM
Ditto to what others have said. Steve and his crew should be commended. Dunkirk is a nice area, and the Fairgrounds Facility is a good site for the event. As a spoiled rotten vendor who only lives one hour from York, and two hours from Reedsville, the drive was the worst part of the trip. Again, speaking as a vendor, and I talked with quite a few others, the number of buyers was very disappointing. And after all the years Steve has supported the Reedsville and York Swaps, the lack of Keystone Chapter Members in attendance was sad. I think the aging of the Club is playing a big factor in this. I know a venture like this will take time to build up, I only hope that time will be in Steve's favor.
Our attendance next year will depend on my work schedule.

We wish Steve and Crew all the best, thanks for a great weekend!

J & J Sinclair

nels
09-25-2017, 09:00 AM
My nephew Dan and I went up Friday for one day. I was pleasantly surprised at the number of vendors. The area along Lake Erie makes for a nice back drop also. I think this swap meet is going to make it!

Neil
09-25-2017, 01:24 PM
Are there any photos to be seen of this event? Cars present,parts ,people,places?

jts359
09-25-2017, 03:53 PM
I agree with what larktruck said , But then I would have to as he had a space right next to me , Nexts years attendance is up in the air , By the way Steve did Laura and I get a long distance award at 462 miles ? Each way ! But Steve and his gang put on a nice Swap meet

studegary
09-25-2017, 10:14 PM
I agree with what larktruck said , But then I would have to as he had a space right next to me , Nexts years attendance is up in the air , By the way Steve did Laura and I get a long distance award at 462 miles ? Each way ! But Steve and his gang put on a nice Swap meet

Ed R. (SI) might be farther (I didn't figure it out). In any case, that was quite a drive for you.

Madd Doodler
09-26-2017, 10:19 AM
Thank you to all for the kind words. I, along with the rest of the Kinzua Region Chapter appreciate your participation.
We will be having the 2018 Swap Meet the same weekend. September 21 & 22.
This year we had 36 vendors in attendance. Now we just need you folks to show up and buy their merchandise. With the York show coming to an end we hope to give you all a new venue to shop and have fun at... in nice weather.
Dunkirk... the new York, in New York

Photos will be coming as I get some from members and friends who attended.

studegary
09-26-2017, 01:06 PM
Steve - I like the new slogan; "Dunkirk... the new York, in New York".
I would just prefer it to be "...in New York State" because so many think of New York City when they see New York in other parts of the country. I know that it would become more cumbersome and less catchy.
I will also add my thanks for your undertaking of this venture.

Madd Doodler
09-27-2017, 08:34 AM
so many think of New York City when they see New York in other parts of the country.

Gary, I know. I tell people I live in New York and they always say something about going to the city... I live clear on the other side of the state.

jclary
09-27-2017, 08:39 AM
Gary, I know. I tell people I live in New York and they always say something about going to the city... I live clear on the other side of the state.

Especially in my part of the country...And, if you want to see a fellow southerner's eyes go blank...dare mention something about a great person you met from "RURAL" New York:confused:

1954khardtop
09-27-2017, 09:04 AM
Nearly half of New York states population is concentrated in 302 square miles. The rest of us are spread out over the other 46,000.

studegary
09-27-2017, 01:05 PM

When I am out of state, I always say either that I am from New York State or upstate New York (or more specifically, the Hudson Valley).