First car show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First car show

First car show this summer yesterday and probably the last for this season. Too many other things going on this summer to get the car out for a drive. (1953 commander coupe) I really enjoyed the drive in the 64 year car, just turned 40,000 miles yesterday. The car just seems happy at 65 mph on the express way, as am I. I left early so as to get a good parking spot in the church parking lot, but the lot was full when I got there. I did find a good parking spot along the street, under a shade tree... I then spent 5 hours talking about my car to a never ending line of curious people, most had Studebaker stories to tell. Several questions about the engine, and why the carburetor was made the way it was... I let several children get into the car and check out the rear windows. And several other people touch the paint to show it wouldn't melt!!! A couple of street-rod guys were really reluctant to touch the car, but one did, and nothing happened...Out of 85 cars, the 53 ended up in the top 20.
    sigpic
    Jim

Welcome to the wonderful world of Studebakering!
    Peter Bishop

Comment

Glad you had a good time. When I take my '55 to shows I like to let kids sit in the driver's seat. They love it and their parents always comment how no one else would let their kids touch their cars. Lots of good will and maybe some future Studebaker owners.
      I hope you get yourself and your car out more next season. It's lots of fun.
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Good show!
        Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

Comment

Nice! Getting our cars out to all make shows is a great way to show them off. Love that you had people enjoy the car by getting in and touching.

Pat
          Pat Dilling
          Olivehurst, CA
          Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Working...
          X