PDA

View Full Version : Midwest Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals 2017

Halibrand1
09-17-2017, 06:24 PM
November 18 and 19th Studebakers and Avantis will be attending the MCACN show . MCACN is an abbreviation that most use as a substitute rather than use the long official Show name . We have a few Special Displays this year that will feature Studebakers and Avantis so check out the MCACN website and sign up for a free Show Magazine to see what this Show is all about . Last year the Studebaker Legends display got Hot Rod Magazine and Car Crafts online recognition as the Best Display of the Show , out of 500+ cars that's quite an honor . We have discount tickets available for Stude / Avanti enthusiasts so call me 708 250-2213 or send a PM for any info regarding the Show . The location of the Show is perfect since O Hare Airport , Shopping , Entertaimment ect is close and Shuttles are available so it makes attending easy as well as family friendly . More info will be added to this post to give updates and imagine Craig Parslow will be able to add some pictures from previous Years .

gwood
09-26-2017, 06:35 PM
This is a very good “top end” show that Ed George drug me into last year and I have absolutely no regrets. The location is fairly convenient especially if you were to fly into Chicago. Thanks to Ed, the show helps promote Studebaker as a brand and I expect adds values to all our cars. Up till now Studebaker high performance has been emphasized and as a result is getting more recognition. This year because of past interest, the display will be larger and as I understand will include both an all year Studebaker Hawk as well as Avanti timeline. Although Chicago is not the place I thought I would want to go the week before Thanksgiving….this is a pretty neat show with Studebakers getting deserved recognition and you get to see some of the best cars of all makes from around the country.

8E45E
10-09-2017, 01:01 PM
MCACN is a little over a month and a week away. It should be a great time again this year with some outstanding new entries.

Ed has just sent the Studebaker page out of the official MCACN magazine:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4461/36887195814_acb9276a79_b.jpg

Craig

studejohn
10-09-2017, 08:17 PM
That a real nice show. Lots of nice Stude folk and a great crowd. The Energy is over the top. Location is convenient very pleasant to get from the airport. Makes for a good one-day turnaround event if flying in. Look forward to having The Whistler and my Friends 63 Green mist 2 door Sedan next to in the show . Should be a real kick. Thank John

BobPalma
10-09-2017, 08:34 PM
That a real nice show. Lots of nice Stude folk and a great crowd. The Energy is over the top. Location is convenient very pleasant to get from the airport. Makes for a good one-day turnaround event if flying in. Look forward to having The Whistler and my Friends 63 Green mist 2 door Sedan next to in the show . Should be a real kick. Thank John

:!!: You bet, John. 'Can't wait to see The Whistler in the flesh; something I never thought I'd see 54 years ago when I corresponded with the car's builder/owner/driver/dealership, etc. Good on you for making it happen. :!: :woot: :cool: BP

jpepper
10-09-2017, 09:19 PM
Cindy's 66 Avanti is part of the Avanti timeline.

bezhawk
10-11-2017, 04:19 PM
I wish I could make it this year.6770267703

Halibrand1
10-15-2017, 09:11 PM
The Show is getting close and will be another Great year for Studebakers and Avantis ! We have 18 cars registered so far and that's 8 more than last year , we also get another prestigious spot in the Lobby with Steve Doershlags 63 Hawk where aprox 20k people will pass by it . Bob Ashton the main man of the Show has joined SDC and will be an AOAI member soon .Next years plan include a focus on Larks so John it would be excellent for you and Sebashtion to have your Larks there as well as another Brad Bez award winning Avanti so anything I can do to make this happen let me know . Registration time is running out and maybe able to get a 61 4-Speed Hawk and a Barn Find added . Last year we got the Hot Rod and Car Craft on line Display of the Show award and in the recent Muscle Car Review we are mentioned in the Editors write up we also have a page in the Show Magazine that's available by going to the MCACN website and sign up . To continue this we need car owners to participate . As John mentioned you can fly in and out in the same day and I have discount tickets if you contact me . We will have the Show photographer take pictures around 2.00 on Saturday by the Avantis then at 3.00 by the Studebakers and anyone interested gather in the lobby by Steves Hawk my wife is also planning a ladies lunch at 1.00 that day . My cell is 708 250-2213 so feel free to call or text , Ed

8E45E
10-16-2017, 08:14 AM
I booked my hotel and flight yesterday!

Should be a GREAT show once again this year; now with even MORE Studebakers than ever before!!

Craig

2R2
10-16-2017, 01:47 PM
Ed has put a ton of work into this year's show. For those who did not attend last year, our Studebaker display was outstanding. I was fortunate enough to have my '63 R2 Lark there. It was fun to walk around the show, looking at rows and rows of Shelby Mustangs, hemi Mopars, and Corvettes....and realize the Stude display was the most popular at the show! I think the show organizers were amazed. Why? Well, it was certainly the fine selection of high performance Studebakers, but also the enthusiastic group of owners and fans who hung out by the cars, answering questions, and sharing stories.

If you get a chance to go this year, you will enjoy it. I know Ed has poured his heart and soul into putting together another great display!

nels
10-27-2017, 04:04 PM
Craig, you coming this year aren't you? By the way, great job on the Jet Thrust News!
Maybe I'll start a thread on who's coming to MCACN this year.