PDA

View Full Version : Studebakers win awards at car show

1954khardtop
09-16-2017, 05:11 PM
My friend Corky Miller and I attended a car show at Armory Grill in Amsterdam, NY today. Out of 65 cars registered his truck and my hardtop were both picked for a "TOP 20" award.
I like to look at it this way, 100% of Studebakers entered in this show won an award, a claim no other brand could make !

raprice
09-16-2017, 07:26 PM
Mazel tov!!! Good job.
Rog

plee4139
09-17-2017, 06:13 AM
Congratulations. Let's keep showing 'em who's the boss. Studies rule!

jclary
09-17-2017, 10:28 AM
While a Studebaker is a common thing to SDC members, to others they are truly a "Novelty." It is one of the things that always attracted me to them. Sometimes, a Studebaker that wouldn't place too high at an SDC gathering, will overcome the hurdle faced at "all makes" car shows where "popularity/familiarity" is supreme. Mainly, because the "Me Too" crowd is so surprised to see one show up...running, cleaned up, and paint all over it!;)

Sometimes, our SDC judges have a hard time knowing what was original from what is not. It is even more difficult for the folks most familiar with only the "ME Too" popular Chevy's, Fords, & Mopars.

Thanks for sharing the event, and especially the pics, with us. By posting the pictures, you prompted me to Google Pattersonville, NY. The buildings and the crowd are truly "AMERICANA." It reveals a scene of historical, and current, everyday USA that could have been captured just about anywhere in the original 13 colonies. In fact, a scene that many who live here, (in the south) think, no longer exists in the State of New York. If I Googled correct, Pattersonville could be called, Pattersonville along the Mohawk. Where you can take the nearby exit off the interstate, find a rocking chair, and relax awhile.:)

52-fan
09-17-2017, 01:39 PM
This post needs a "like" button. :)

bensherb
09-17-2017, 03:28 PM
Wow pretty good! And a car show where over 3% of the cars were Studebakers! Unless it's an SDC event, that's unheard of here, there's usually around .25% to .5% if we're there. The show I went to yesterday was actually Studebaker heavy with almost .5%; three, including us. :lol:

StudeNewby
09-17-2017, 08:52 PM
This post needs a "like" button. :)
Howard, your post reminded me that these threads DO have "like" buttons! Note the "Rate this thread" link, upper right, above the OP. :!: