New Toy! 1963 Wagonaire Daytona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Toy! 1963 Wagonaire Daytona

I brought this home a few weeks back. I've been looking for a good one after I brought home a rusty hulk of a parts car a couple of yours ago. This should be a really good builder. Normal rust, but has been kept inside for the last 20+ years. I even found the original bill of sale in the glove box! I already got the engine freed up and proved that it will run. I think I'll go over it, do the brakes, tires and fuel lines and see how it drives. It even came with an extra complete burgundy dash that is almost perfect. Who do I need to contact to get the build order? It has a Canadian 259 in it now and I'm just wondering if it came from the factory that way.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4985.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	180.8 KB
ID:	1755690Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4978.JPG
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	1755691Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4981.JPG
Size:	169.0 KB
ID:	1755692Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4974.JPG
Size:	192.0 KB
ID:	1755693Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4976.JPG
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	1755694Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4975.JPG
Size:	151.4 KB
ID:	1755695Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4977.JPG
Size:	155.6 KB
ID:	1755696
    Last edited by Sbaker57; 09-15-2017, 09:08 PM. Reason: Misspelling
    -Adam F

Originally posted by Sbaker57 View Post
    It has a Canadian 259 in it now and I'm just wondering if it came from the factory that way.
    The photo showing the body tag on the firewall tells me it did not come that way.

What is the engine number?

Craig

Comment

You contact the Studebaker National Museum to get the production order.
      This is similar to, but not the same car, the Blue Mist 1963 Daytona Wagonaire that I owned and used for nine years. Mine was fully equipped with pdb, buckets, TT, step, Sta-Bars, etc.
      Note that Daytona has a y.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Have fun!!!
        '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
        Smithtown,NY
        Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

That looks like a real solid car. It appears that the engine had an A/C compressor at some point.

Comment

If your Serial number Plate on the Driver's Door Post does not say 63VC ("C" = Canada) it is a South Bend Car.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
              If your Serial number Plate on the Driver's Door Post does not say 63VC ("C" = Canada) it is a South Bend Car.
              Congrats! Guard that dash! steve
              sigpic

Comment

I kind of figured these two where not born together. The entire front clip also has gold paint underneath the blue so I pretty sure it may have been in a front end collision at some point. Beyond that I couldn't be more pleased with my purchase. I put a battery in it, turned on the key and everything works from the dome lights to AM radio. It was preserved very well for the 30 years it sat.

-Adam F

Comment

Congratulations on your recent Wagonaire purchase.
                  Wagonaires get lots of looks from folks and are fun to drive.
                  Be sure to register your Wagonaire over to the Wagonaire Registry and make Nick happy!
                  You may be able to obtain a new OEM factory replacement seat upholstery from Will Sander over to Starlight Studebaker. He purchased the leftover Studebaker stock a few years ago.
                  Good luck with her!
                  sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                  Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                  "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Sounds like you are already enjoying the fun of driving a Wagonaire. I would love to have you join the Wagonaire Registry. You can find the Registry at:

wagonaire.info

In a few weeks I hope to have added a couple of new pages to the Registry. One for Wagonaires For Sale and one for Wagonaire Parts For Sale or Wanted. Later I hope to add one more page where registered owners can post questions or answer them, or just post good information related to the Wagonaire.

Currently you can contact registered owners who might have information you are interested in. I had been looking for help with what it took to install a 3rd seat in a Wagonaire. When I saw one on the Registry that had a 3rd seat I got in touch with the owner (57pack on the Forum) and received a lot of information that just isn’t available anywhere in print that I could find.

Here is a link to the Studebaker Museum where you can get the build sheet for your car. Look forward to following you and your Wagonaire!

Visit the Studebaker National Museum in South Bend, Indiana, to experience the story of one of the world's foremost automotive makers.

Good roads,
                    Nick

Comment

I have a stupid question, is it still considered a "Wagonaire" if it has a fixed(non sliding) roof? or is it just a "Wagon"?

Comment

Originally posted by Dudok View Post
                        I have a stupid question, is it still considered a "Wagonaire" if it has a fixed(non sliding) roof? or is it just a "Wagon"?
                        I think in '66 all were called Wagonaire even if they had fixed roofs. I have a fixed roof '64 and it doesn't have a Wagonaire emblem because it's not one.
                        I don't know if fixed roof wagons are welcome in the registry.

Comment

Looks good, Adam. Congrats. The tail gate seems to be unusually nice as to little / no rust. BP
                          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Absolutely ALL 1964 through 1966 Wagonaires, fixed roof or sliding roof, are welcome at the Registry! The sliding roof models have some unique issues that the fixed roof models don't have but all are welcome.
                            Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Dudok View Post
                              I will give a more direct answer to your question. If a 1963-1965 has a fixed roof, it is a wagon and it is not a Wagonaire. I believe that Studebaker called all 1966 wagons Wagonaires (all 940 of them).
                              Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                              X