Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How's this for cute? 1950 pedal car by Moskvitch with "hell bent for leather" pilot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How's this for cute? 1950 pedal car by Moskvitch with "hell bent for leather" pilot

Not certain but believe this is the Russian made model by Moskvitch? Never owned one so don't know my pedal cars all that well. Heard there was also an Italian built example?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ebay pedal car copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	1755659
    Last edited by Studebaker Wheel; 09-12-2017, 12:38 AM.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

That thing is awsome.You could never mistake which car it was modeled after. The little windshield frame ads quite alot to the looks also. The "pilot" looks like he's taking the drive pretty serious.
    Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

Its a great looking little car! I've never seen one here before or anywhere.
      Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

The Italian model was GIORDANI of Italy. First Series: GPNormale, GPLusso, GPStandard, and, GPEconomica. Second Series: GP501 thru GP506. Third Series: Auto TE Electrica. All of these, and the Moskvitch, were 46" in length. The Giordani's were produced between 1952 and 1955. So.....the Russian models were sometime after that. stupak

Comment

This appears to be Flintstone powered, rather than pedal.
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Looks as if it has seen some rough miles. Left front headlamp pushed in or missing, tires worn, dent in right front fender, and some front bumper damage.
            sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
            Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
            "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
              This appears to be Flintstone powered, rather than pedal.
              One of the NC chapter members has one of these pedal cars. The pedals and reach rods are a little different than our typical American made cars, but they are there.
              John Clary
              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Working...
              X