Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63 gt diecast

JUST SEEN THIS ,KIND OF PRICEY,ROSE MIST GT HAWK MODEL.KIND OF PRICEY

This is just like my '63 Hawk. Rose mist is a beautiful color. I don't know how popular it was. Maybe someone does. I may buy one of these even though my collection is 1/25 scale and this is 1/18. It may look out of place but this may be the last chance to find one as Franklin and Danbury Mint(s) no longer produce die cast models. As a side note, my GT Hawk will hopefully be running after 30 some years of sitting. Myer's Studebaker has agreed to take on the task.

Comment

I tried to see if it has features similar to the Danbury Mint cars. If so, by comparison, the price is not so much. However, the links provided don't go into enough detail to see if they are up to that quality. My Danbury Mint cars have detailed engines/trunks, interior gauges, opening doors, and operating steering mechanisms. Absent that kind of detail, the cars are more of the $30 to $40 price range of some of the 1:18 models I have.
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

If I read the ad correctly, these are not die cast metal, but resin. Still nice but not Danbury nice.
        sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
        1950 Champion Convertible
        1950 Champion 4Dr
        1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
        1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Don't you wish that when someone's Car is used as a Sample to produce a Scale Model of it, they would get a CORRECT one?

It looks like some kind of part '63 Lark and part '62 Hawk Wheelcover was very poorly copied.
          Last edited by StudeRich; 09-11-2017, 10:04 PM.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I received my BoS (Best of Show) brand Rose Mist 1963 GT hawk from American Excellence in Charlotte, NC yesterday. I think is it beautiful!!
            The paint is very well done and the details of the body are excellent, in my opinion. If the wheelcovers aren't quite right, that really doesn't
            bother me. The hood, trunk, and doors do not open and there is no undercarriage detailing, but the topside is very nicely finished.
            I own a Champagne Gold R2 1963 GT Hawk and I am very pleased to be able to purchase a 1/18 scale resin model of this car for $120.
            It was stated earlier that his model is rather pricey and it is. However the only other 1963 GT Hawk model that I know of is from Minimarque.
            Their car is a 1/43 scale model that is, in my opinion, rather poorly made and poorly proportioned and costs $299!!
            If you are looking for a model Corvette, there are many available in prices from $6 to $200+ and in all ranges of detailing and quality.
            Choices for 1963 Hawks are very limited and I could wait for a perfectly detailed Champagne Gold 1963 GT Hawk, but I am
            70 years old and I don't think I have another 30 years to see if that happens.
            This is just one OPSO's (Old Poop Studebaker Owner's) opinion, but I couldn't be happier with my BoS model!!
            Terry Stinehelfer
            Bucyrus, OH

Comment

Originally posted by R2GTHAWK View Post
              ...This is just one OPSO's (Old Poop Studebaker Owner's) opinion, but I couldn't be happier with my BoS model!!
              Terry Stinehelfer
              Bucyrus, OH
              Well said...and what is quoted...is all that really matters.
              John Clary
              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

To all you GT Hawk owners: where can you get a 1/18th scale model of your car, FOR ANY PRICE? As Terry S. says, WE don't have another 30 years to wait. Granted, used Studebaker toy prices are tanking, but from what I have seen, the BOS model is WELL worth the asking price. Especially when you buy two and get one FREE. That's $80.00 per car with free shipping. stupak (are the above 'pricey' comments the reason a lot of Studebaker owners are called CASO's???) Just asking!

Comment

Working...
                X