Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacement Wiper Blades - Studebakers' and Other Marques...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Wiper Blades - Studebakers' and Other Marques...

(Unsolicited testimonial)

A while back I purchased a pair of Rain-X 'water repellancy' replacement wiper blades for the wifes' RAM pickup truck.
    They have been on a while, and I can honestly say that these are the best wiper blades I have ever put on any vehicle ever.
    Bold statement?
    You betcha.
    And I have sold wiper blades and arms since 1970.
    I would buy a set of complete blades that had the right profile, and strip them and cut them down to fit the Stude blade retainers in a heartbeat.
    Don't ask me 'how' they work. They just work. No streaking, and they put Rain-x on the glass.

https://www.rainx.com/product/wiper-blades/rain-x-latitude-water-repellency-wiper-blades/

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Good to know. This could be a real asset on the motorhome. I like rain-x because it not only repels the water, it keeps the bugs from sticking to the glass.
    Thanks, Jeff
    sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
    1950 Champion Convertible
    1950 Champion 4Dr
    1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
    1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Jeff, You have just rendered my stash of Anco/Trico to the garbage can. Being that they are about 40 years old I doubt their ability to remove H2O is long gone.(But I do still like the brushed chrome look of the originals).
      God & luck being with you getting through Irma.
      Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzard View Post
        Jeff, You have just rendered my stash of Anco/Trico to the garbage can. Being that they are about 40 years old I doubt their ability to remove H2O is long gone.(But I do still like the brushed chrome look of the originals).
        God & luck being with you getting through Irma.
        Bill
        I'd sure keep them and jam some new refills in them and market them as bastardized belly button Division 9 only wiper blades.
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Agree with Jeff's assessment, been running them on my Ram for several months. Good stuff.
          sigpic

Wayne Lee

Comment

I have had a set on the wife's car for several months and just put a set on my pickup. Without a doubt the best blades ever.
            Nick

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
              (Unsolicited testimonial)

A while back I purchased a pair of Rain-X 'water repellancy' replacement wiper blades for the wifes' RAM pickup truck.
              They have been on a while, and I can honestly say that these are the best wiper blades I have ever put on any vehicle ever.
              Bold statement?
              You betcha.
              And I have sold wiper blades and arms since 1970.
              I would buy a set of complete blades that had the right profile, and strip them and cut them down to fit the Stude blade retainers in a heartbeat.
              Don't ask me 'how' they work. They just work. No streaking, and they put Rain-x on the glass.

https://www.rainx.com/product/wiper-blades/rain-x-latitude-water-repellency-wiper-blades/
              I'll be out looking for them soonest. I'm really tired of buying blades that last less than a year. I even tried NAPA thinking their blades would be better. Wrong!
              Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
              '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Gotta agree with Jeff on this - these blades are the best things since sliced bacon!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
                  (Unsolicited testimonial)...I would buy a set of complete blades that had the right profile, and strip them and cut them down to fit the Stude blade retainers in a heartbeat.
                  Thanks for the tip (Jeff) and endorsement (Clark)

Just to nail down the details...Jeff, when you recommend "Strip and cut them down to fit"...do you know if it will require only cutting them to "LENGTH," or will they need to be trimmed on "WIDTH" too???

I wonder if the "SLOT DIMENSION" is compatible with our vintage wipers? If so, it should be a piece of cake. Regardless, I plan to dawdle into a local parts store with an old wiper arm.

Wonder if I will attract much attention, while molesting a package of wiper blades, trying to compare them without damaging the package?
                  John Clary
                  Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Great...but I refuse to drive my Studies in the rain!
                    Lou Van Anne
                    62 Champ
                    64 R2 GT Hawk
                    79 Avanti II

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Van Anne View Post
                      Great...but I refuse to drive my Studies in the rain!
                      Me Too!...but apparently, you don't live around here. There are sections in these hills, where it seems to have its own Eco system. You can be enjoying sunshine one moment, round a curve and encounter a rip roaring "Frawg Strangler!" In that case, you need the best wiper blades money can buy! It is disappointing to turn on your wipers, only to see the rubber crumble away before your eyes. I believe that's why you see so many Studebaker windshields with scratches that follow the path of a blade-less wiper arm.

If you have ever attempted to apply liquid Rain-X in the rain...you know it's too late! I only hope, if I upgrade, I'll remember to keep them fresh enough for (if and) when I do need them. That will be the challenge.
                      John Clary
                      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Working...
                      X