PDA

View Full Version : When life gives you lemons....take it with humor.

52-fan
09-10-2017, 02:23 PM
Many of you know that Charlie D. has been working on his 55 President for several years and asking lots of questions on this forum. His car was in Branson this weekend shining like new money, but he shared an unusual fact. It seems that his seats have been done for some time and were in storage waiting for the car to require them. A mouse discovered the nice soft fabric and chewed a hole in the right front corner of the rear seat. This was Charlie's solution. ;) :)

jclary
09-10-2017, 02:28 PM
LOL!!!...this post really had me Laughing Out Loud.:lol:

brngarage
09-10-2017, 02:29 PM
Charlie, you have a much better sense of humor than I do!

DEEPNHOCK
09-10-2017, 02:52 PM
If you can't hide it... Celebrate it!
Good show!

thunderations
09-10-2017, 04:15 PM
Like putting a huge band-aid on a crunched fender.............gotta love it.
I had a rock miss the windshield, but dented the lower stainless molding on our 57 T-bird on the way to a concourse in Dallas. My solution was to place the registration form under the wiper and over the dent. That was in 1988 and the dent is still there, and I still place show registration forms over it. Have never lost a point because of it. Anyone that has ever dealt with early Thunderbird windshield trim will understand why we haven't replaced the molding even though we have another all buffed and ready. The entire inside and outside moldings must be removed, other then the outer lower. Then the rubber seal and windshield with lower moldings attached needs to be taken out, hopefully without breaking the glass. Once that's done the lower moldings can be removed from the windshield seal. Reverse procedure to reinstall except now everything needs to be lined up and adjusted as the install proceeds. Usually takes a good day, maybe more.
I agree with this poster........make lemonade when you can. Besides, what a great story to tell.

JoeHall
09-10-2017, 04:16 PM
Now THAT is creativity. LOL

jts359
09-10-2017, 04:28 PM
I guess his name Mickey , Great idea , Ed

Lou Van Anne
09-10-2017, 06:06 PM
Got to agree....great attitude!

JRoberts
09-10-2017, 06:20 PM
I love it!

dusty taylor
09-11-2017, 09:07 AM
This is so funny and is a great story. Love it. Dusty said he looked it over and didn't see it. Wanda

Buzzard
09-11-2017, 11:21 AM
Great solution. Congrats on the originality!
Bill

ndynis
09-11-2017, 12:13 PM
Put a big smile on my face! Great solution!
Nick

Mike Sal
09-11-2017, 01:19 PM
I wanna know where he got his carpet. And yes, it was a great idea for the hole. Unfortunately, the little bastards did more than just a hole to my '50 champ.....
Mike Sal

jclary
09-11-2017, 01:47 PM
I wanna know where he got his carpet. And yes, it was a great idea for the hole. Unfortunately, the little bastards did more than just a hole to my '50 champ.....
Mike Sal

I don't know who sits around and gathers such data:confused:, but several years ago, while on the road, I was listening to a scientific radio program (PBS ?) and heard something to the effect... "Rats' front teeth grow 4½ to 5½ inches each year.:ohmy: Rats wear them down by continuously gnawing on everything around them, including cement, brick, wood, lead pipes, etc.":mad:

I know of an old barn on a farm, where we once lived, that had holes chewed through cement blocks just below the manure line of the cow stalls. Horrible little critters.:eek: