Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive Shaft: Missing Stuff For Driveline

1950 Champion

i noticed that the parts manual lists several items that my center bearing assembly seems to be missing. Specifically a spacer, washer and a retainer. They are also unavailable thru SI. I don't know how they are supposed to be applied. Also, am I wrong to assume these might be hardware store items that can be substituted? Any ideas? Thanks.
    1950 Champion
    1962 MGA

It appears the parts book is saying those parts were not used on an early production Canadian car. Yours isn't Canadian is it?
    Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

I stock 22.000 different parts for Studebakers by part number.
      Text the part numbers you need to eight one five 212 2389 and I will check availability and price.
      Robert Kapteyn

Comment

Non Canadian.

i think I figured out what those parts do. The washer is cork and the retainer holds the nut to the shaft.
        1950 Champion
        1962 MGA

Comment

I will be mailing you the retainer , which is just a flat washer and the cork seal.
          The retainer seems to even out the pressure from the nut on the cork seal.
          The early 1950 cars used the 1949 drive shaft setup
          Robert Kapteyn
          Last edited by rkapteyn; 09-13-2017, 06:58 AM.

Comment

I mailed a bubblewrap enveloppe and it was returned to me due to missing postage.
            I took it to the postoffice and paid the postage and the clerk put a postage paid sticker on.
            It is no longer there.
            It has a tracking number and USPS tracking said that it is on the way to Oshkosh.
            I will have to mail it again.
            Sorry about the delay.
            Bob

Comment

Did you receive the parts I send you?
              Robert Kapteyn

Comment

Got you payment today
                Thanks
                Bob

Comment

Working...