X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where is it now

I wonder where this car is now.

Rob

I don't know, but I can say that it was still being raced in the late '70s.

Way back when I was about 7 or 8, my family lived up in the LA area. One of the SoCal SDC Chapters (I believe it was the Orange Empire Chapter) went to a 'Test and Tune' at a local strip to have a little bit o' fun. This car and another well known Lark ('Lethal Lark') where there. One thing I remember most was when Dad raced one of them in our '63 Wagonaire...
    Well, that and the after party at a member's house where my older brother 'accidently' got pushed into the pool!!!

StudeDave [8D]
    V/P San Diego County SDC
    San Diego, Ca

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

'54 Commander Regal 4dr 'Ruby'
    '57 Commander DeLuxe 2dr 'Baby'
    '57 Champion Custom 2dr 'Jewel'
    '57 Parkview (she's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
    '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
    '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
    StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

I don't know, but I can say that it was still being raced in the late '70s.

Way back when I was about 7 or 8, my family lived up in the LA area. One of the SoCal SDC Chapters (I believe it was the Orange Empire Chapter) went to a 'Test and Tune' at a local strip to have a little bit o' fun. This car and another well known Lark ('Lethal Lark') where there. One thing I remember most was when Dad raced one of them in our '63 Wagonaire...
      Well, that and the after party at a member's house where my older brother 'accidently' got pushed into the pool!!!

StudeDave [8D]
      V/P San Diego County SDC
      San Diego, Ca

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

'54 Commander Regal 4dr 'Ruby'
      '57 Commander DeLuxe 2dr 'Baby'
      '57 Champion Custom 2dr 'Jewel'
      '57 Parkview (she's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
      '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
      '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
      StudeDave '57
      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
      SDC Member since 1985

past President
      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
      San Diego Chapter SDC
      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Yes as Dave said, is was around the L.A./Orange County area, it used to show up at the big annual La Palma Meet in Anaheim, CA car show that the Orange Empire Chapter puts on every year, and he would thrill everyone in the entire park, by firing up the Supercharged, open exhaust hot Stude. V-8!
        It was a nice looking car in Root Beer Metallic Brown, with real gold leaf lettering, -very sharp! [^]

Unfortunately, I do not know it's latest location, or owner.[V]

StudeRich
        Studebakers Northwest
        Ferndale, WA
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Yes as Dave said, is was around the L.A./Orange County area, it used to show up at the big annual La Palma Meet in Anaheim, CA car show that the Orange Empire Chapter puts on every year, and he would thrill everyone in the entire park, by firing up the Supercharged, open exhaust hot Stude. V-8!
          It was a nice looking car in Root Beer Metallic Brown, with real gold leaf lettering, -very sharp! [^]

Unfortunately, I do not know it's latest location, or owner.[V]

StudeRich
          Studebakers Northwest
          Ferndale, WA
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

[}] Hmmm....according to the article, "...most people would agree that anyone using a Studebaker motor isn't playing with a full deck..." [:0]

'Last time I checked, Ted Harbit had not only a full deck, but a helluva lot more than four aces in it! [}]

Good article, though; I remember enjoying it at the time. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

[}] Hmmm....according to the article, "...most people would agree that anyone using a Studebaker motor isn't playing with a full deck..." [:0]

'Last time I checked, Ted Harbit had not only a full deck, but a helluva lot more than four aces in it! [}]

Good article, though; I remember enjoying it at the time. BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

The owner's name came up 3 times in a White Pages search of California.[}]

Miscreant adrift in
                the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

The owner's name came up 3 times in a White Pages search of California.[}]

Miscreant adrift in
                  the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I see the name is in the '06 SDC roster but it doesn't list a '59 as one of his cars.
                    Rob

Comment

I see the name is in the '06 SDC roster but it doesn't list a '59 as one of his cars.
                      Rob

Comment

Working...
                      X